Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Track in Mt Kisco, NY

Thought folks looking for a "winter fix" in the Tri-State Area might like to know about this new facility in Mount Kisco, NY. 15 miles from home - Now we're talikn'
    http://www.gpny.com/

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Looks like a great place. Business model looks like a winner, a little pricey, but the demographics of the area should support it.

We had an indoor track in Columbus until the landlord sold the building to Wal-Mart. Now we have to go to an outdoor track in Indiana, about two hours away.

Trouble with the place in Columbus was it was not set up to really cater to the corporate groups that could be the bread and butter. Also, they could not make up their minds if they were a race track with a bar, or a bar with a race track.

Can't wait to get back upstate. Wait a minute, Skybus just announced flights to Stewart Field in Newburg. Let's see, fly out early evening, race that night, stay with friends 15 minutes from Newburg, and catch the morning flight back - airfare = $45 round trip! Or wait until January and pick up tickets both ways for $10 each way!

Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

I zip up the Taconic from White Plains to home....I think I will have to start using 684 with a 'pit stop' along the way!
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Tim,

Let us know when it's up and running. I'll meet you there.

A little closer to NYC we also now have this:

www.v-17.com

DZ

Dave - Just heard about this track too, from Jason A at Meccanic Shop North (lives close I think) - I didn't know the name of the track or site. I wll take a ride over MT Kisco and keep you posted about it's opening.

tim

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

New date of Grand Opening - 2-1-08
    Here's a sneak preview.

http://wcbstv.com/video/[email protected]

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

[email protected]

Tim,

We have a bunch of guys planning to go over in February to check it out. I run a winter league at ON-Track in Wallingford and a bunch of the "Top" runners are interested in going. If you are interested, I will let you know when and you can join us on the trek to the latest indoor racing facility.

Jay

Jay - Absolutely. There are also several racers from Meccanic Shop North that are looking to head out. Maybe we should think about renting the track for a specified period of time. I think I could have as many as 7 racers. I will PM my phone number to you.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

[email protected]

Add five from Auto Technic.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

Nice.

I will post something when we have a date. From what I heard, they are open now, but only for corporate events and they are booked until Feb (public open date Tim listed) with the corporate stuff.

Tim,

We have a bunch of guys planning to go over in February to check it out. I run a winter league at ON-Track in Wallingford and a bunch of the "Top" runners are interested in going. If you are interested, I will let you know when and you can join us on the trek to the latest indoor racing facility.
    Jay
    [/b]
    Hey there.....new to this thread. I also know some of the "top runners" @ On-Track (Ralph, ACE 21, Doons, etc) and was there for the Ironman tonight. Yes, we are talking about filling the field with On-Trackers so I called today about track rental prices.....

....$2200 for an hour Max 14 people
    $1650 for 3/4 hour
    $1100 for 1/2 hour

A bit pricey compared to Wallingford but I'm sure we will try them out.....Timing was going in this weekend, glass being installed soon, and first event on Thursday. Arrive & Drive starts Feb 1st.

I just left all those guys (Ralph, Jeff18, Doons, etc) got home 12:30am.... They are all in for a run down to the new track with us.

Our conversation was where we thought it better to do arrive and drive rather than rent the track because of the limited amount of time the rental would cover (1-hour). Either way, I think it would be killer if we show up with a huge number or guys, especially a bunch of racers (either Kart guys or us car guys) and just tear it up.

Lets target a date and let everyone know when. Then call the track and let them know 35+ guys are showing up ready to ROCK!!!!

Tim,

I got your PM, I will call you over the weekend.

I am going to the NER meeting tomorrow (yikes its today) and will have some drive time, so I will try during the ride back.

Right...........it's not worth renting because of the price. I'll probably end up going down on the 3rd regardless of any plans made by the "On-Track" guy's, unless of course that's the day everyone decides to go....

Jay - Call me again. I erased your phone number by mistake and I am having trouble sending you a PM.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

[email protected]

Default +3

I am waiting for Skybus to release the next block of tickets. Then we'll fly from Columbus, OH to Newburg, NY. I have arranged for friends in Tillson to drive over to Mt. Kisko. Round trip airfare will be like $20 each! Our group includes Don Sesslar, two time National Champion, former member of the Road Racing Drivers Club, and recipiant of the President's Cup. He still wups up on us regularly!.
    92 ITA Saturn

New opening date moved to Febuary 12th.... Will they ever open?

My understanding is that they have had a bunch of private parties (kart testing????) and that may have pushed back the finishing date.

Or they might just be waiting for Skybus to release the next block of tickets for the Columbus OH racers!!!!
    92 ITA Saturn

Hey Dave - I've done the Velocity 17 track several times - we go around 10PM on Friday nights - it's damn good racing and the facility is brand new. Bring your own helmet so you don't have to wear the lunch lady cap.

It is absolutely skill building
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Track is open now.....

Anyone have a report on how good the track/ facility is? My buddy was doing the tile work there (in offices, etc) but he didn't tell me if he had gotten a chance for some hot laps.