Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Results, rumours and inuendo...

If *I* were to run the 2.5 Fiero through the process for ITB assuming 98 stock HP, it would fall around 2265lbs.

Of course, the other 8 guys get a vote too...

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Well there we go

Does it take more than this discussion to have the car reviewed, or are those gears already in motion?

EDIT - and to think it's not even thanksgiving yet. Too bad we can't share a round of after days like this.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Is that 98hp the most potent engine available from among the years/derivatives listed on the spec line in question? If so, that's cool. If not, you need to use the most powerful up-/back-date option, or put them on different spec lines.

Otherwise, heck yeah - review away ITAC.

K

If *I* were to run the 2.5 Fiero through the process for ITB assuming 98 stock HP, it would fall around 2265lbs.

Of course, the other 8 guys get a vote too...
    [/b]
    OK, so given such processing, and the opinions weighed in by Beran and others, I have to ask - where does the 2.0L 924 come out of the ITB process at, given 115hp stock? Anywhere south of 2600#??
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

OK, so given such processing, and the opinions weighed in by Beran and others, I have to ask - where does the 2.0L 924 come out of the ITB process at, given 115hp stock? Anywhere south of 2600#?? [/b]
    Sure does. About 100lbs South IMHO.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Is that 98hp the most potent engine available from among the years/derivatives listed on the spec line in question? If so, that's cool. If not, you need to use the most powerful up-/back-date option, or put them on different spec lines.

Otherwise, heck yeah - review away ITAC.

K
    [/b]

Yes, 98hp is the most powerful. I purposely used the 88's stock hp, since it was the most powerful. Also happens to be what i have?
    Scot Mac - Mac Motorsports
    88 ITB Fiero #41, SFR, NWR, ICSCC

Chris,

Interesting dyno numbers. Based on Andy's 'pack vs. 'jet correlation approximation, and the corresponding estimated crank numbers, looks like you're getting somewhere around a 35% gain over stock hp w/ that build. Pretty impressive.

As I stated before. A stock motor with port matching, header and coolant temp sensor enrichment was 95 (or was it 96?) hp and 103 tq on this very dyno in my car. I don't buy for a second that I have 35% over the stock 105hp GTI.

2nd edit - Bill I think you are kidding, but don't know whether others would get it.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com