Keith, I respect you, your knowledge and your willing ness to help anyone who posts on this board. Much appreciated, and I frankly consider you one of teh best guys on the board.

I do have a few observations on the above though.

1. This year was by far the "healthiest" year in ITS since I started racing in 2003. 15+ car fields at every track. Z cars, RX7s, 944s, Miatas, Acuras, hell even Triumphs running up front. While I disagree with the restrictor solution, I have to say that the problem with S in the 02-06 time frame was the BMW 325 and its either real or perceived overdoggedness.

2. At this point, with you guys not running the car anymore, can you tell us what a full tilt Sunbelt 325is made at the wheels unrestricted?

3. Would you consider running the car again at 3100 lbs?

4. Why not build a restricted 325is and prove them wrong -- show that it is competitive?

I never wanted the car gone. What I was in favor of is doing something about a 205-215 whp, independent suspension car with good brakes at 2860 lbs running in a class where the "gold standard" is about 170 whp at 2500 to 2600 lbs. Back in taht time frame, when I was first starting racing, nearly everyone I talked to talked about parked Zs and RX7s due to the BMW. At the time I didn't fully believe it, but given the full fields I saw in S this year compared to years past, I have to think there was somethig to it.