Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Registering your out-of-state trailer in Maine

anyone know how registering a HOMEBUILT and still-titleless trailer would work in maine?

we built a 2 car flatbed last yeAr....been "using" it with my other trailers plates (Also homebuilt but has title now, jumped through tons of ilinois hoops)...we have insurance on it though, don't worry

should I just call em?

Default Homemade Trailer Registrations

Quote Originally Posted by adamjabaay View Post
    anyone know how registering a HOMEBUILT and still-titleless trailer would work in maine?

we built a 2 car flatbed last yeAr....been "using" it with my other trailers plates (Also homebuilt but has title now, jumped through tons of ilinois hoops)...we have insurance on it though, don't worry

should I just call em?

Maine will register a homemade trailer the same as any other trailer. If the unloaded weight of the trailer is less than 3000lbs, no title is needed. If it is over 3000lbs, a title would be needed. In your situation, you already have a title, therefore, therefore, you would not need to title it. Maine could register it with a copy of your title.

I would call Ace Trailer Agency (207)489-9012. Their website is acetraileragency. com .

They would just need a signed & notarized power of attorney and a copy of your title to get you registered. 5 years is $100, plus $3 shipping.

I hope this helps.