Shirley St. Pierre / Statutory Agent
    P.O. Box 942 / 259 Goose Hill Road
    Jefferson, ME 04348
    800-648-8805 Tel.
    207-549-7541 Tel.
    207-549-7638 Fax
    207-549-5138 Fax.
    [email protected]

In case the attached documents do not come through properly, here's an outline of the attached documents that were faxed to me today:

Staab Cover - The Staab agency is a Statutory Agent that represents out-of-state individuals and companies at the Maine DMV in order to obtain a Maine license plate for your trailer. Maine is a 15 year title state. If your trailer is older than 15yrs, all you need to show is a Bill of Sale or a prior registration. If it is newer than 15 years and more than 3000lbs dry weight, you must provide them with a copy of the existing title already in your name, or an original title to be titled in Maine. Under 3000lbs is exempt. You must provide them with
    1. Phone Number, Date of Birth if an individual customer, or Federal ID if a company.
    2. Correct amount of money (Check or Visa/MC accepted)
    3. The Power of Attorney for filled out, signed, AND NOTARIZED (paid by customer)
    * Maine trailer plates expire on the last day of February for the year in which you register. The company will notify you prior to the expiration.

Staab POA - The Power of Attorney document. This allows Staab to act on your behalf in the State of Maine to license the trailer. The fees collected also apply to the titling of the vehicle in Maine. this document DOES NOT give them the ability to sell, lease, trade, utilize, or dispose of vehicles. POA fee = $20.00

Staab New Registration Form - Your registration will have your name at the top, with the Staab Agency's Maine address.

Staab Charges - Fee schedule for going through their agency.

Staab Annual Program - Fee schedule for registering annually.

Staab Long Term Program - Fee shedule for multi-year registration of your trailer.
    Example:
    5yr (1-9 trailers) $87/each
    8yr (1-9 trailers) $138/each
    12yr (1-9 trailers) $206/each

Same Day with Overnight service: 1-4 plates $20.00 per plate. 5+ plates $10 per plate.

Lastly, I asked the very pleasent lady if I EVER need to bring my trailer to Maine to be inspected. She replied that MAINE DOES NOT REQUIRE TRAILER INSPECTIONS.

I hope this info helps everyone. It seem like a no brainer for those of us here in NY paying big bucks YEARLY for our race trailers.

Regards,

Dave A.

It seems that all of the documents that I described above (and scanned), are too big to put up in my post.

If someone wants to host them on their website, I can send them to you. Each one is about 700-800K in size.

Dave A.
    Team Jagermeister
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10 - ITB NESCCA Enduro Champions

In addition to all that information, I have specifically asked NY DMV "Can a person have a trailer registered in another state as long as it is inspected?"
    They answered "If you want to know if you can tow a trailer that is registered in another state with a NY plated vehicle; the answer is yes as long as the registration on both is valid."
    That was in July 07