Thread: My return to Roebling

Some of you remember my trip to school earlier this year. Details are here: http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...showtopic=10593

Well, long story short, I spent the weekend at Roebling for a SeDiv TT. Had a blast, and I am ready for school again in a couple of months. I managed to turn a 1:28.0 on some old tires, not competitive but much faster than my last time there.

Kip V was there in a blindingly fast yellow Miata and turned a 1:20 something. You guys headed to the ARRC had better look out for a screaming yellow ITS Miata.

Thanks for all of the words of encouragement and support. I will get some in car video up in the next day or two.

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Excellent news. 28s/30s are fine when first starting out in an S car. Are you going to the Roebling school in February? If so, hope to see you out next year. Lots of Zs running in S again in the SEDiv -- Steve Parrish, John Williams, Randy Shedd, Ron Earp, David Kim, Mike Mackaman, Bryan Parrish building a car, David Spillman building a car and now owning one of Bob Pharr's cars, David Plott building a car. Come on out and race with us.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Way to go, Paul! Let me know when your first race will be. Are you going over to the ARRC this coming weekend? I'll be there crewing for John Williams.

I'm looking forward to getting back on track with you and the other Z-cars. I've finally got my new tub up on the rotisserie and started removing undercoating and such last weekend. I'm shooting for having the car complete by the July race at Barber.
    David Plott
    Atlanta Region #289721
    #54 1973 Datsun 240Z
    Mount Juliet, TN

Thanks Jeff and Dave. I plan on returning to Roebling for school in January. This time I hope to finish the school and join you guys on track.

I reviewed my videos last night and I found several places I can improve. I was off line in several areas and lifting/braking when I didn't need to in others.

Dave, Glad to hear your car is coming along. If I can help you out with any parts, let me know as I picked up another parts car since we last talked. I propably won't drive over to RA this weekend. I have to travel for work next week and need to catch up on some stuff around the house. You guys have fun and stay safe.

BTW, for you 280zx guys I picked up an R-200 and complete rear suspension the other day. I can let it go very cheap. It is non-LSD but in good shape.

Dave, tell John I said HI and go fast!
    Paul Ballance
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z

Question to the "Z" guys or anyone who may have a contact. Where or from who may I find a 1 3/16 inch diameter OEM style anti roll bar for a 240Z car?

Thank you
    David

1" and 3/16" rear bar? Pretty large but I will measure what I have at home. I don't think I have a rear bar that large. IIRC 7/8" was pretty large back in the day. I think I had an 1"1/4 bar on the front and a 7/8" rear of my '71 when I was autox back in the middle 70's.

I will bet Katman will know and probably has one in stock in his old Z stuff
    Paul Ballance
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z

Excellent news. 28s/30s are fine when first starting out in an S car. Are you going to the Roebling school in February? If so, hope to see you out next year. Lots of Zs running in S again in the SEDiv -- Steve Parrish, John Williams, Randy Shedd, Ron Earp, David Kim, Mike Mackaman, Bryan Parrish building a car, David Spillman building a car and now owning one of Bob Pharr's cars, David Plott building a car. Come on out and race with us.
    [/b]
    Don't forget Guy Marvins/Greg Ira's fast #33 ITS 240Z. I'll be at the ARCC shooting pics of the ITS 240Z's!

We're going to have to make a ITZ class, or Spec Z if this keeps up!

Paul good to hear you're going to stick to the Z and racing. Looking forward to meeting you at the track.

Ron

Question to the "Z" guys or anyone who may have a contact. Where or from who may I find a 1 3/16 inch diameter OEM style anti roll bar for a 240Z car?

Thank you
    David
    [/b]
    Front I assume? PM me, I may have one I'd be happy to part with.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

That's right, forgot about Greg's beautiful car.

Also forgot Jay Miller and Christopher Plucker's 280zs, and Rex Deffenbaugh's old 240z which I understand is nearing completion.

Damn near about 15 ITS Z cars in the SEDiv that run on a regular basis, or are about to. Crazy. Maybe even more than the RX7s.......
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Thank you
    David
    [/b]
    Do you mean a 1-3/16" bar, or a 13/16" bar? I've got the OEM front and rear bars from the '73 Z I am using to build my new car. I have not measured either one, but the front bar may be close to 13/16". Are you going to be at the ARRC this weekend? I will be crewing for John Williams Saturday and Sunday, and could bring the bar with me if it's the one you want.
    David Plott
    Atlanta Region #289721
    #54 1973 Datsun 240Z
    Mount Juliet, TN

David P., 1 & 3/16 inch diameter, 1.187 inch diameter. Will not be at the ARRC.

Thank you
    David