Thread: Congratulations to Mark Andrews, DOTY

just got my year-end mailer today...

Congratulations to Mark Andrews for being the 2007 Mid-Am Driver of The Year.

Sitting here reading the DOTY rules and I still can't figure out how it works, but congratulations either way. I'll be sure to buy you a rootbeer at the St. Louis region banquet.

*edited for accuracy*
    -Jeff S
    '07 Mid-Am ITA Champion
    '07 St.Louis Region Driver of the Year

www.plainoldgas.com

Honda S2000 for ITR in the works

Umm...

1) I have never been diving in my life.

2) I'm straightedge, and as such don't drink...but thanx anyways! :P

Seriously though...thanx for the congrats Jeff.

Honestly, I don't quite understand the ruleset either (well, I understand it but I think it is confusing)...of course, I think the Mid-Am points ruleset in general could use some tweaking!

Thanx again...

just got my year-end mailer today...

Congratulations to Mark Andrews for being the 2007 Mid-Am Diver of The Year.

Sitting here reading the DOTY rules and I still can't figure out how it works, but contratulations either way. I'll be sure to buy you a beer at the St. Louis region banquet.
    [/b]
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

Umm...[/b]
    wow... fixed everything there for ya.

I never put two and two together on the straightedge thing, but I guess the tattoo on your arm should have made it pretty obvious to me.
    -Jeff S
    '07 Mid-Am ITA Champion
    '07 St.Louis Region Driver of the Year

www.plainoldgas.com

Honda S2000 for ITR in the works

Congrats to fellow BMW club member and race friend Mark Andrews! You keep telling me I should visit one of your facilities for a decorative tatoo to make me faster! Keep up the good work and fast car!

Congratulations to Mark for winning the DoTY.

What most people don't understand about the Mid-Am DoTY rules is that you MUST have 4 outright wins. That is, you must beat ALL of your class competition in at least 4 Mid-Am races, and you must have competition. Bill Denton won the class because you are not required to have outright wins to win the class, but he only had 3 outright wins. On top of that, even though Bill and Mark tied in points, Bill had more wins (just not outrights) and so won the class.

I had to admit to Chris that I was sorry that I asked him not to run at St Louis since he didn't need the race to win the class....
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers