Having personally raced a few new tracks this season, iv had the opportunity to compare events run by different regions. I made it down to a MARRS event at summit point this year and brought some family along as crew to enjoy some racing action. My family does not know a whole lot about motorsports so i was hoping they would have an enjoyable time at the track. Each race was accompanied by an excellent race announcer that called out all the action over the PA. I have to say this made watching the races 100 times more enjoyable for all the spectators and myself!

I know these are not spectator events but I know that i always fill my crew spots with friends and family who want to hang out and watch the races. I'm a northeast guy and i dont recall there being any race announcers at WGI or NHIS (Havent raced limerock this year but i know they have that PA system). I think having an announcer adds a lot of fun to any event and should be a regular thing. I also wonder whether the guy down at summit was a volunteer or paid.

thoughts?