Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VIR Goblins Go Pics

So that's what it looks like up there!!! Excellent video and driving, very nice! Good to see both of you this weekend and look forward to racing with you next year.

I pared a piece out of our ECR1 video that I was able to start due to the caution laps. Nothing exciting, bad driving with a bad rack, but I kept the shiny side up and finished. Sound is sort of poor with my all digital setup, I think I need some baffling or buffer on that mic input. It drops out completely at certain RPMS.

ECR1 Earp/Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMhtwHMBzO4

I wish I had known it but it looks like the video system can record a complete 1.5 hour race. If I'd known that I'd have started it on pit road with Jeff so we could see him move up through the field.

R

Ron...
    I had heard that the sun was brutal in turn 3 during that ECR. WOW!! That was blinding! Nice run. I'm not sure what kind of mic you have but maybe you could reposition it or put a foam cover on it? BTW... What gear ratio were you running?
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

3.9. It seemed to work ok. We didn't really run out of revs too bad at the end of the back straight.

Car ran good my stint. We moved up from 54th to mid teens overall. Car runs 21/22 pretty easily. It has a few more seconds in it.

Turn 3 was brutal. By the end of my stint I was just driving in there and looking left until the blindness went away and then turning....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

What? Where's the Friendly, controversial point by? Sorry for all the troubles, but happy we got that staightened out. The sad part is, I probably was entering rollercoaster when you guys took the restart. I decided to accept my 3rd place position after the leaders finally caught me after the restart.

We got the carb rebuilt Sunday morning and I wound up besting my best track lap by 1 second... finally got a 2:31.8.... or about 21 seconds quicker than my last lap on Saturday's ECR!

And yes the Sun at Turn 3 was horrible... but then, what do you expect when we started a race at 5pm.

hoop
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

LOL. That turn 3 spin was a nice one. Just glad I wasn't standing there when you did it. You were not alone however. That turn bit a bunch of people. Some several times! Mud was everywhere! This pic while not IT cars is one of my favs from the weekend. David good to see you running again. Hope to see yall at the ARRC!

[/b]

32... wasnt that Greg Iras number?

32... wasnt that Greg Iras number?
    [/b]
    Yes that is correct. Greg took 3rd place in the Prod Fest in the E Prod Datsun Roadster.