Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIR Goblins Go Pics

First attempt with my new lense. Pics below are of my friends Greg & Guy who won the ECR ITS races and championship this year. I have tons of ITS pics. Hopefully something decent of most of you here.

Really nice. Looks like the new lense is working for ya'

You coming to RR for the Solo 1 (aka Time Trial) this weekend?
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Z cars finished 1 and 2 in the ECR. I started Ron Earp's 260z, and he finished it. Big props to him -- he drove the last 20 minutes with a wonkered steering rack. Good run. 2nd in ITS, and 15th overall I think (out of 90 starters?), after starting 54th. Not bad, we'll take it.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Really nice. Looks like the new lense is working for ya'

You coming to RR for the Solo 1 (aka Time Trial) this weekend?
    [/b]
    Thanks. Sorry I won't be there. Going to be at the ARRC.

Nice job Ron & Jeff on the 2nd place finish. Here are more shots from the ITS weekend. Let me know if you want any in high res. They aren't very expensive at $7 per shot or a CD at $45 shipped for all your shots.

More

Mark... Thanks for those pix!!! Your new lens appears to be the ticket. Maybe we'll see you at the ARRC. Let's try to talk that 33 car into going!

Steve
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Mark... Thanks for those pix!!! Your new lens appears to be the ticket. Maybe we'll see you at the ARRC. Let's try to talk that 33 car into going!

Steve
    [/b]
    Thanks Steve. Good talking to you again. How did the CC race go? I left after the SARRC ITS race. Last I heard Greg is hoping to run the ARRC.

crazyshoe Guest

Wow, great pictures. Anybody know where I can find some results, didn't see them on mylaps.

Those are great pictures. I know I was only out there for a few laps Sunday, but would be interested in buying the pictures you have of my car (the TR8). Hopefully none of me smoldering on the side of the entrance to turn 1......

Thanks again.

Jeff, mylaps doesn't have the results up. I think Blair won the SARRC race in IT7, with maybe Grover in second?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Great pics jmark !!!!!

That new lens looks like it was worth the investment ........

I'm giving a thank you to the corner workers there in the uphill S's...........

Thanks Bryan. Jeff I found one shot. It is OK. I can email it to you if you want.

Yeah, great pics! Do you have a website to order pictures from?
    1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54

Yeah, great pics! Do you have a website to order pictures from?
    [/b]
    Thanks. Don't really have a website to order from. You can see low res examples of everything I took from VIR here. There are 2 albums from the 2007 Goblins Go Weekend. Let me know if you want any in high res. Thanks again

http://picasaweb.google.com/jmark240z

Great looking pic's! Too bad you didn't get a pic of me in the spin cycle in turn 3 on Saturday! Or in the spin cycle in the uphill esses on Sunday! Is it true that laps are quicker and body work is less when the front wheels are ALWAYS in front of the rears?

Mike

Mike I think you'll agree that you and I should take a collection from the other Z's present this weekend, since we took all the abuse, punting, t-boned, spun, and bumped, rubbed,"5 metal to metals" We even took a write up at last race of weekend.....the only "metal to metal" we caused. I hopes all the other Z's survived unscathed. Mikes 260z took a beating ...Me thinks it due to the beauty of the Z causing jealousy. Nothing like racing a Z!!!

Good to sit down and talk with Jeff and Ron, those cars are getting faster....fast. British car car hauling asses down the straights!!!!

Enjoyed the weekend for sure. Well run.
    See ya'll at the ARRC I hopes.

David
    30 year old ITS car

Great looking pic's! Too bad you didn't get a pic of me in the spin cycle in turn 3 on Saturday! Or in the spin cycle in the uphill esses on Sunday! Is it true that laps are quicker and body work is less when the front wheels are ALWAYS in front of the rears?

Mike
    [/b]
    LOL. That turn 3 spin was a nice one. Just glad I wasn't standing there when you did it. You were not alone however. That turn bit a bunch of people. Some several times! Mud was everywhere! This pic while not IT cars is one of my favs from the weekend. David good to see you running again. Hope to see yall at the ARRC!

David, good catching up with you guys as well. Had fun racing with you those first 2-3 laps on Sunday till the jury rigged intake manifold repair bit me. I knew better than that! We were going to have some fun with Carl there it looked like.

In any event, hope to see more of you next year.

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Here's a little video to go along with the great stills. I wish my video capture was as clear as Mark's camera!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25FRgnnVsLw
    Steve Parrish
    57 ITS Nissan 300ZX

Awesome vid. You really took a step up this weekend STeve, good to see. Go get that SARRC championship next year.....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Here's a little video to go along with the great stills. I wish my video capture was as clear as Mark's camera!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25FRgnnVsLw
    [/b]
    Thanks guys. If any of you live close and want to go together and order one high res CD I'll do 1-3 cars all on one CD for $45 shipped.