Thread: Reserving 2008 Car #'s

#1. Does anyone have the date for the opening of the car number reservation to the 2008 racing season?

#2. Is Kristen Shepard still the contact person for this?

#3. If so, does someone have her email address?

I remember that the reservation time was sometime in November.

Thanks.

Dave
    Team Jagermeister
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10 - ITB NESCCA Enduro Champions

usually does not happen until after the narrc meeting which is next weekend. they need to decide race groups first.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

This note was on the NARRC webpage:

2008 NARRC Reserved Numbers - A Note from Kristen
    Dear Drivers,
    I will be doing the NARRC numbers again this year. ONLY e-mails will be taken for requests. NO phone calls, thank you. I have a new e-mail address for NARRC number requests only.... [email protected]. Requests may begin on November 1st. If you send an e-mail to any previous e-mail addresses or prior to November 1st I will not be honoring it, so please take note of the change. I have been told the groupings will be done at the mini-convention the first weekend of November. Once I receive those groupings I will start assigning the numbers. If you reserved a number last year, you have until the first of the year to reserve it otherwise its first come, first serve.

Thank you, Kristen Sheppard
    [email protected]
    Rob Zatz
    EP Mazda RX7
    FF Lola T540

Thanks Dick.

Thanks Rob.

- Dave
    Team Jagermeister

#1. Does anyone have the date for the opening of the car number reservation to the 2008 racing season?[/b]

Smarty said that you were sitting at home in your 'cowboy pajamas', when you should have been at the Pumpkin for the enduro this weekend. We were all there...where the hell were YOU ???

You don't get no numbers if you don't show up and race.

First of all, Jonathan, it was my "Spaceman Spiff" pajamas. :P

2nd of all, why are you bringing the hate? I invited you to the Hoosier trailer for a couple of cold ones at WGI and you were too busy to come all the way to the end of the garages to grace us with your presence. Excuse me.

Lastly, I was playing on a big Tonka toy in my backyard, bringing some propane lines to "Man Land", aka "The Cave" aka "My Barn".

I had to let Smarty get some seat time since he only got 0.3 miles during the practice session at Watkins.

Sorry I missed you out there. I'll have to buy you a beer in '08.

Peace Out !!

-Dave
    [attachmentid=1175]
    Team Jagermeister

[attachmentid=1181]You really expect me to be able to walk the length of the garage AND remember what I intended to do when I started at the far end ??? You have any idea how many hard hits to the head I've had ???

We can have a "Battle of the Backhoes". Must be the "racer burrowing before hibernation" gene kicking in. New storage barn for all the crap I usually leave out in the woods is going up now.

(It looks like I can add a pix file attachment, but HTH do I do it ? Did the 'browse & add attachment' thing, but no pix shows up - ???)

And I always thought you were one of the brighter guys that posted here!

1 - Browse: find the pic in your files. Make sure its small, not huge filesize -wise
    2 - click "add this attachment"
    3 - I clicked "Add into post" in the grey box detailing the file that appears after step 2.
    4- "Submit"
    and you should get the thumbnail, like mine, but undoubtedly less appealing

Most issues are improper file types (Jpegs always safe) or excessive size. If you have posted lots of pics before, go to your control panel and check and mange your global attachments to make sure you haven't used all of your alloted space on the IT.com server.

If you have hosting capabilities, you can also use the Http formatting and host the attachment yourself, which frees you from the space restrictions.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

"Man Land"

I had to make it big enough so that the wife doesn't have to look at all my "car stuff" when she walks out the door in the morning. Comfortably sleeps 6 (cars).[attachmentid=1179][attachmentid=1179]

John,

The next invite I give you will include a note pinned to your brawny chest with what I said so that you can make that long walk to see us.........

Perhaps you should start wearing your helmet around the paddock to reduce your boo-boos to the ole' noodle.

Dave
    Team Jagermeister

Ah...the "too big" problem. Common around here. Fixed...pix of Hoe attached.

Nice Man-Land. Like the doors and the "board & batten" siding...X-zachery what I'm doing here, too. Main shop here is off in the woods, to the left... currently hidden behind a bunch of '60's-era Chevy trucks. "Oh the humanity"....

Dave

Smarty in his ALF pjs, you in a set of POWER RANGER ones (with the feet of course), huddled around a small propane heater in the front of the Hoosier trailer trying to keep out the fall chill, surrounded by empty pizza boxes and empty bottles of PBR, you gaze into............its too terrible to even type!!!
    John didn't WANT to remember where he was supposed to go.

The garage looks good, send me a pic around Feb 1st

jerry
    jerry monaghan

Nice hoe John, looks sharp.

Smart of you to get an invisible one so your wife can't find out!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Dave

Smarty in his ALF pjs, you in a set of POWER RANGER ones (with the feet of course)

jerry
    [/b]

I'll pay you for those pictures. Whatever you want.
    Name your price. I can't let those pictures get out !!!

Ha ha
    Team Jagermeister

Just to revive an old thread, has anyone heard back from Kristen? I've sent three emails over the past two months but received no reply or acknowledgments.
    Rob Zatz
    EP Mazda RX7
    FF Lola T540

Just to revive an old thread, has anyone heard back from Kristen? I've sent three emails over the past two months but received no reply or acknowledgments. [/b]
    She has just started sending out confirmations for run groups she has done. Remember, she couldn't do anything until she got word of the NARRC-agreed groupings.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

O.k. Cool. I sent two e-mails out and wasn't sure she got either of them with SPAM filters. This might help for next year - set-up a sub e-mail address for this with an auto reply message. Just a thought.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

O.k. Cool. I sent two e-mails out and wasn't sure she got either of them with SPAM filters. This might help for next year - set-up a sub e-mail address for this with an auto reply message. Just a thought. [/b]
    That is a good idea.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

"This might help for next year - set-up a sub e-mail address for this with an auto reply message. Just a thought."

That is basically how last years email address got porked by Yahoo. There were so many replies that Yahoo decided it was spam.

Google seems better, but we will see how that works this year. As Andy said, she just started the process this week, so you should hear something soon. Don't fret....it's not even January yet and you really don't need a number until the first race.....in April.

"It's a fact..."

hmmmm.... I will check my spam folder. I did two emails as well and we shall see!

happy holidays!
    Brad
    Brad
    1995 Mazda Miata (aka Black Betty)

Just got word back on my # for 2008.

Thanks Kristen.
    She said she has 200+ emails to go through..........

Happy New Year Everyone !! :snow_cool:
    Team Jagermeister