Quote Originally Posted by ShelbyRacer View Post
Agreed, as that was my key issue.

But Jarrod, I'd agree that the rule could be much more clear. In the end, you could show up without one, and you could use that rule as a point of issue. But I also think if it came down to it, you'd lose in an official sense.
It could be a losing proposition. I've got no dog in the hunt as I'm not and don't plan on competing in rx world any time soon, but after a competitor pointed it out to me, I thought the rule was ripe for this thread as an example of what not to do.

I still maintain:

Telling me I can replace the exhaust with "any material" kicks open the door. My straightpipe with a Supertrapp for sound meets this perfectly.

The third part - "Vehicles not equipped with a catalytic converter as original equipment are not required to have one." - doesn't apply to me - my car came with one from the factory.

The other two allowances - the high flow cat and the "use one cat where there were two" allowance don't apply to me either - I've elected not to use one with my "any material" exhaust.

IIDSYCYC, correct.....but Roffe it up and I bloody well can, IMHO.

But that's enough - I'll close in saying that this is a PRIME example of what NOT to do when writing a rule.