Thread: ARRC Racing Experience

If you folks could help me out with some pics showing a field of race cars following a pace car, a starter stand (dropping green/ checker), a race start or anything else of interest...

The Atlanta Region is trying to raise funds for the charity we are supporting- Toys for Tots.

We will be auctioning an "ARRC Racing Experience" on Ebay. Racers could buy this for their best sponser, an avid motorsports fan might want it, or who knows? Its going to be a very cool experience- the winners get:

To ride in the pace car starting a race
    To be in the start stand and drop the green flag and the checker
    3 laps in a race car (as a passenger) during the PDX
    Hot pit pass/ Temporary membership for the weekend
    To hand the checker to a winning driver for a victory lap
    To pass out trophies on the podium
    Their photograph in a Formula or Nascar-Style car
    Two weekend tickets
    Parking pass
    Free admission to worker lunch
    Free admission to Saturday Social, Dinner, and Grass Roots Magazine awards presentation
    Event sweatshirt
    One year subscription to Grassroots Motorsports
    Atlanta Region hat & decal
    ARRC patch
    Race program

As you can see this is a neat deal for someone to take part in some of the coolest activities on the planet.

Besides the pictures (email them to [email protected]) please tell your friends about the auction. If enough people are talking about it we may see some additional press which will be good for us, and great for Toys for Tots and the SCCA in general.

I'll post a link to the auction once it starts... but first I need some pictures!
    Tom Sprecher

I'll post a link to the auction once it starts... but first I need some pictures!
    [/b]
    And be sure to let the ARRC webmaster know about this so it can be posted on the ARRC website.
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA (sort of)
    ITS Honda Prelude

And be sure to let the ARRC webmaster know about this so it can be posted on the ARRC website.
    [/b]
    Sorry Bob. You were at the meeting Monday night, weren't you?

BTW: Under Contact Us on the ARRC site you are listed as the webmaster but it only gives a phone #. How do people email you information and links? Let me know and as soon as the listing is up on EBay I'll send you the link.
    Tom Sprecher

Sorry Bob. You were at the meeting Monday night, weren't you?

BTW: Under Contact Us on the ARRC site you are listed as the webmaster but it only gives a phone #. How do people email you information and links? Let me know and as soon as the listing is up on EBay I'll send you the link.
    [/b]
    Meeting? What meeting? :P

E-mail addresses are not listed on the ARRC website because of the whole Spam thing. A contact form needs to be built so contact can be made this way.

This idea for Toys for Tots is great and I will get the info up on the ARRC website as soon as you are ready to go with this.
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA (sort of)
    ITS Honda Prelude

Here is the link to the EBay listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=220164446221

Please help us get the word out and help raise money for Toys for Tots.

Thanks guys.

Tom Sprecher

In checking the auction link, I see the bidding has ended. Did the auction raise $300 for Toys for Tots? I hope so!!

What a great idea, my congrats go to the braintrust that thought this idea up. It was cool to see the photos in the auction too... where's the rest of the Star Mazda turn 1 series? It looks like it's not going to end well.

I only wish we could be there ... our adventures at the ARRC and the Petit LeMans have been great.

Kelley Huxtable
    "PLAY SAFE"
    DMVR
    F&C/Registration/T&S

Unfortunately we did not get a single bid. Purhaps the starting bid was too high (ya think?). For another $45 you can do a Richard Petty Driving Experience and actually drive a detuned NASCAR around the track of your choice for 8 laps.

Though choice.

Tom Sprecher