Thread: RST Performance Stroker Motors!

Hey guys I know that I have talked to you guys a few times about this, but I was looking for some more info on what parts I need to complete a stroker motor setup for my street car. It has about 250K miles on it now and I figure she deserves a rebuild and some added power while I'm at it. Can I get the parts from any of the Vanagan I5 5cyl motors or are certain ones better than others? Other than the crank, rods and pistons are there any other parts that I need from the donor motor? I remember you saying something was better about the 2.5 head also, i think the valves were larger, so should I swap the larger valves into my head or can I use the 2.5 head? Thanks guys.

I would have sent you a PM, but I figured others may want to know this or have some info as well.
    84 ITB GTI

i'd find a nice 20v N/A engine for it. I assume you are talking 2.5 5cyl right?

While we are spending someone else's money and time I vote for a pd TDi for van duty.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

www.motorgeek.com for all things 5 cylinder performance I say turbo it, very cheap