I wanted to bring up this point for those to discuss. I chose to do it on IT.com even though I race SM, because I think there is real NE region community here.

there are a few weekends when we have 2 qual sessions then the race the next day.
It seems so like there is so much wasted time. I rather just have 1 longer session and be done.

- 1 less heat cycle on the tires,
- 5min wasted for each group in between sessions, thats 40 more minutes that can be spent on track
right their each group would pick up another 5 min. by just doing 1 session.
I am sure there are other reasons also

Another problem I have noticed on these weekends is warmup. (Now I am reletivly new at this, My 3rd season)
I thought these were "Hardship" practices for those that fixed something, changed a motor, missed qual, etc. I thought only a few guys would use them. But on these single race weekends, seems like every car is lining up for these 2 lap sessions? with all the gridding for all the cars and the 4 groups needed to fit them on the track, we end up killing alot of time on race day, and it seems like no one gets a clean lap, it dangerous with the mix of cars in all the traffic, and someone always drops oil right before the race.

Double race weekends don't have warmup, we just dive right into the qual session and it seems fine for everyone.

what do you think?