Had a conversation last week with someone who currently lives in central florida. This person is heavily involved with the SCCA...auto-x's on a national level, announces at events, etc...and is making the move into road racing. This person is married and her husband probably makes enough to support the both of them.

But, this person works in finance for a large corporation. She apparently does not really enjoy her job.

Anyways, she had an opportunity recently to take a position with the Nissan motorsports department in the area of product development.
Problem is, this position is in TN and I think the option of her leaving FL and her husband finding a different job is...well, not an option.

She described this job as her "dream" job...

Now, this got me thinking...
Here I am, leaving NC for FL in a few weeks and considering trying to re-start up my Home Inspection / General Contractor business.

Kind of at a cross roads. All the research/soul searching I have done points to finding out what you like to do and are good at, then search for a career in that area.

I'm sure others here have gone through the same experience. Or had similar thoughts.

Has anyone else here considered finding a job in motorsports?

I guess all here know the key to true happiness is to really love what you do and do what you love.
Racing professionally is probably everyones dream...but then realism sets in :P

When I heard about this job, I thought it sounded pretty cool. The funny thing is, this person offered the job doesnt necessarily have extensive experience or expertise in motorsports....no more then you or me.

So, I figured with some extensive searching, it may be possible to find a job like this....?