Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SARRC Points Proposal

Sounds good Butch. Congratulations on securing a good facility for your Labor Day Double. That is one Barber race I will attend.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Ditto what Butch said.

I think changing the labor day event to Barber is a good move. I know you worked hard on getting Nashville up and going Butch, but Barber has the potential of drawing lots more people just based on the track. Hopefully it will grow to the size of the Road Atlanta events. I will be attending.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Butch, that looks good to me. And I triple concur on the Labor Day Barber weekend. I was not planning on going back to Barber due to the tow, or to Nashville due to the track, but this fixed my problems. I will be at Barber next year God, the Courts and Triumph reliability willing.

Also, have always been treated very well by Atlanta region. Never had any issues. At Nashville, both tech and registration went out of the way to help me after my logbook and license were stolen on the way down.

NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

After talking with some of the usual suspects a couple of ideas were voiced and I would like to share them with you guys.

1. The SIC should be the last race of a 3 race championship series where one race is held in Area 3, one in Area 12 (the Area Races) and the SIC. You count the best two out of three results for your double points and can use the left over race to improve your best of six points total if it helps.
    2. Same as above but the best result of the Area Races and your SIC result count for your double points. This maintains the OA significance of the SIC.
    3. The SIC should always reward places 1 thru 3 at a minimum.

Just thought I'd run it up the flag pole and see if anybody would salute it.

Thanks,

Tom Sprecher

The SARRC points were set up for a division series so cars would have to travel out of their region to another region to get the required number of races in (six … four races in your region and two in another region). Double points awarded at the SIC is how we tried to insure that a driver could not be a SARRC Champion without going to the SIC. (This may need to be looked at this time.)

Also remember when this was put in place there were less racing regions then there are now. And most racing regions already had there own series in place. (SARRC was an effort to make the cars travel out of region ) The more regions that put on races the more SARRC there are going to be. We must remember that SARRC is a divisional series and not the cash cow for any one region.

If holding a double is the only way that your region can get a good car count, then hold a double. But they do not have to be a double SARRC, and in fact you could hold a double race with one race being a SARRC and the other one not. You also do not have to pull two sanction numbers to hold a double. You only have to pull one sanction for the weekend. You do need to pull two sanctions if you want the driver to get credit for driving more than one race in his log book per weekend.

This is part of what “raceit” and others are complaining about when the Central Florida holds a SARRC. The people that do not run the SARRC series lose track time and races. The whole format of the race weekend has to be changed because of the “Ronie rule” that states how a region can put on a SARRC.

The Central Florida Region holds three races on a weekend for every class except when we hold a SARRC or National race. All regional races except enduros count for points toward a regional championship.

To answer one of Jeff questions, the Central Florida region does not want to hold more SARRC’s.

Off topic
    "Jay Marshall received an invitation to the SIC even though he finished only two GTA races in 2007 (he had a couple of DNFs as well), then won the SIC but not the championship. Apparently he "mis-entered" the February Sebring race in SPO rather than GTA, and this was confirmed by Jim Creighton prior to his entry for the SIC being accepted. The "three finishes" rule is the ONLY SARRC rule that cannot be waived by the Committee, and it was not in this case either."

Butch this not what I heard. I will have more information after this weekend.