I'm really split on the issue. As I plan to run for SARRC points in 08 this is an important issue.

I can see the need to tweek the tie breaker issues at the SIC. The championship should reward consistancy thoughout the year over the final race. Making the number of wins the tie break instead of SIC finish makes sense.

But..... I'm opposed to changing the 6 race rule. There may be 23 races on the schedule but at least 11 of them are "geographically undesireable". And if I lived in the southern end of the region that number would be 15. Also, not everyone can make all of the ones that are close, whether that be for time or financial constraints. For example, the ECR series rules make it impossible to run for points. Too many races in too many places. I see the SARRC series as a great alternative to that. And after all there is nothing stopping someone from running more than 6 races if they have the $ and time to do so.

And.... I don't see any reason to change the location of the SIC. RRR is the most logical choice for a divisional championship.

I'm not closed to change, I just think we should make baby steps and then give it some time to see how it works...

Steve
SARRC Hopeful