Thread: SARRC Points Proposal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think this is fine.

Only comment, and this is something that benefits you and I both but needs to be considered -- the number of races at particular tracks.

My car likes the point and shoot of CMP. You kick a#$ there. There are six SARRC races scheduled for CMP next year.......
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I think this is fine.

Only comment, and this is something that benefits you and I both but needs to be considered -- the number of races at particular tracks.

My car likes the point and shoot of CMP. You kick a#$ there. There are six SARRC races scheduled for CMP next year.......
    [/b]
    There are actually 4 SARRC races at CMP. Two are CCR, and two are SC region which has a waiver to use CCR's home track.

I said nothing about moving the SIC?? I do not see how the SIC would not be attended by anyone who is running for points. It is 2 races added to you total (double points) and is part of the best 6 plus the SIC that made up this years total. I just think a championship that only counts 1/4 the races is not good. I want to see people not park their cars after 6 and wait for the SIC. Some classes were won with less than 6 races. Great if you can get away with it. A driver can win every race they enter all year and loose to someone with 2 wins--sound like a championship? That is what the ARRC is for if it is all about one track and one race. All I want is a little more towards the driver that wins all year and a little less about just the SIC. All that would change is one more race counted and a more fair tie breaker. The SIC was triple points and tie breaker for a while--what a waste of a season.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)