Thread: Custom 3-Puck Clutch

A few months back someone posted a place -- "The Clutchnet" or something -- that makes custom 3- puck clutches. Can anyone redirect to that link?

Thanks.

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

A few months back someone posted a place -- "The Clutchnet" or something -- that makes custom 3- puck clutches. Can anyone redirect to that link?

Thanks.

Jeff
    [/b]
    if you don't find them, i'd give SPEC clutches a call. they seem to do all kinds of stuff, even if their name isn't on it.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Hey Jeff... Sure enough, www.clutchnet.com is one source. I like to work with www.southbendclutch.com as well. Really nice folks to deal with.

Good luck...

Thanks.

Jeff
    [/b]
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

I started the thread, and got some great info...

http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...topic=11944&hl=

Clutchnet was not responsive at all. I left phone messages on an answering machine that doesn't even give a greeting that includes the company name, so I have to wonder how big the company is considering it has over 30,000 products listed on the website... I also sent an e-mail and have not got a reply.

Kennedy Engineered Products (KEP) was excellent. I called them and they answered the phone, then listened to me, and gave advice on what product to get. He offered to make anything I wanted but made his suggestions. He also is going to make the clutch with a 1/2 day lead time and ship it to me so that I have it in time to make it to a test day next thursday.

Hope this helps, Good luck!!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

kEP

Clutchnet, I had some experience with them a few years ago, not too impressed, I mean when I FINALLY got the product it was ok, it was the getting it part that really sucked!

Excellent, thanks all.

Mark, enjoyed racing with you in Nashville. Sorry again for the bump -- not my style, I just couldn't get whoaed up in time.

Again, thanks for the leads.

Jeff
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Hey Jeff... No problem. That little bump was the least of our problems...We sheared BOTH tranny mounts...ripped through the tranny crossmember and tore (1) motor mount through the front subframe!

The gators weren't so nice to the tires either...I suppose I should have stayed off of them!!

Excellent, thanks all.

Mark, enjoyed racing with you in Nashville. Sorry again for the bump -- not my style, I just couldn't get whoaed up in time.

Again, thanks for the leads.

Jeff
    [/b]
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

The guys at Spec Clutch were amazing. Got a good price and ready to go -- cheaper than a stock one.

Mark, thanks again for the clean racing. Nashville was hard on my car. I was getting enough flex in the strut towers that the strut bar moved enough to knock a fitting off the intake manifold and crack it. Also destroyed the right front ball joint. Crazy. Not as bad as yours, but I probably won't be making a trip to Nashville again in the near future, which is a shame because I had a blast racing with you and Bill D.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Hey Jeff... No problem. That little bump was the least of our problems...We sheared BOTH tranny mounts...ripped through the tranny crossmember and tore (1) motor mount through the front subframe!

The gators weren't so nice to the tires either...I suppose I should have stayed off of them!!
    [/b]
    Damn! I guess cracking my fuel cell mount was such a bad deal after all. Seems like my car isn't the only one that got banged up at Nashville.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region