Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GOLDEN HARVEST DOUBLE REGIONAL

I just looked at all the results of the #66 Honda civic that got me in turn one on the last lap Sunday and it shows nothing but ITA results...That pic is the car that had ITB on the side of it...

That&#39;s why he loaded up and took off so fast...... <_<
    Bill Johnson

jim i am not sure what the comments mean. i also have a ITA car. the car i had with me is a ITB civic. i ran out of there because it was a 9 hour trip home. everybody i met was super nice. i had no intentions in making contact with you. i think it was a racing deal and i am happy that it was not worse for either of us.
    from my perspective i was following you down the front stretch and there was no way to get past you, your car was quicker than mine . i moved right trying to get you to think that i would make a move into one. to my amazement you took a defensive line entering the corner carrying too much speed. at that point i took the traditional line. i saw you losing the car so i went to the inside. as i was passing you i was saying to myself i hope you do not shoot back across the track. and then bang. i was hit in the left door and rear quarter with your right front. i am not sure how it can be my fault. at that speed there was no where else to go accept down the inside of you. i did not hit you in any way shape or form that caused you to drift wide. i had a blast racing at nelson with the whole bunch. if you wish to discuss further just let me know. rick
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Your car got awfully fast on the last lap and win I looked at your My-laps and see all the ITA races with the red car that looked like the car I raced with this weekend and with leaving so fast,...what would you think...?
    The way I see it I go into 1 very fast and barely stay on the track and for 19 laps I would gain a lot of distends on you from turn 1 all the way to the carousal, then you would be on me after the straits.
    But I new at turn 1 I would get some breathing room...

Unfortunately as I gathered up the car coming out of turn 1 you came in deeper then you had all weekend and if I wasn&#39;t in your line I&#39;ll bet you would have went right off the track,... so I felt like a bumper..
    I was, but a wiser bumper I am...

This is the second time in the last 2 races that I have declined to file a protest by the request of the officials,
    And only because this is my first year racing with the SCCA, I&#39;ve come to this origination because of the fun and laid back atmosphere, good competition without all the bullshit...but in the last 3 races I&#39;ve been hit 3 times, one 2 weeks ago at over 100 mph and for what...? a $5 plaque...

Hopefully next year will be better, and for thous of you that I raced with this year, thanks for putting up with me and all my questions and lack of ability, I&#39;ve learned a lot this year and look forward to beating all of you next year...
    Bill Johnson

There is a good article in the Oct 07 SportsCar on passing by Randy Pobst. (pg. 18)
    Dave Gills
    ITB Red Pinto #80
    Grove City, Pa.