Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GOLDEN HARVEST DOUBLE REGIONAL

ENTRY LIST FOR THE MAHONING VALLEY GOLDEN HARVEST DOUBLE REGIONAL

As of 10/16/07 8:30 pm

GROUP 1 ITB, ITC, SSB, SSC 12

# 3 ITB Constantin Gheorghe....
    # 13 ITB Bill Johnson...........................
    # 24 ITB Greg Alley
    # 48 ITE Lauren Shevchik
    # 77 ITB William Emery
    # 88 ITB James Morgan Jr
    # 00 ITB Stewart Wright

Bill Johnson

Good lord!.....Watch out for Jim Morgan's new car.

It's his first race after spending all summer in the garage & it is BEAUTIFUL!

I'm not going near that thing until somebody else puts a dent in it.

(Jeremy?)
    Dave Gills
    ITB Red Pinto #80
    Grove City, Pa.

What color is it ?
    Bill Johnson

Good lord!.....Watch out for Jim Morgan's new car.

It's his first race after spending all summer in the garage & it is BEAUTIFUL!

I'm not going near that thing until somebody else puts a dent in it.

(Jeremy?)
    [/b]

I almost rip a door skin right off a Pinto and I don't hear then end of it.

I'm not going to be racing this weekend. Saturday is the only race that I can make it to and I am not willing to spend $180 for one day. I emailed Sandi Kryder (the registrar) and asked her if I could race for $135 (1/2 price of the 2-day) and she said "I do not believe so. The one day fee is $180".

The 2/3 price for half of a weekend is garbage. Many race weekends I can only make it to one of the two days. There have been races in previous years that were half price for one day. I don't have the time or desire to hold a position within our chapter so I will make my opinions known by not entering this race.
    With chapters complaining about low car count;
    1. Why wouldn't consideration be made for drivers who only what to race half of the weekend?
    2. What is the additional cost for the Chapter of a driver only racing one day as opposed to two that would give merit to this addional fee of 33% for the single? (for you non-Hillbilly math guys- two day=$270, 1/2 price= 135, 135 + 135 x .33=180)

What about you pinto boys? Can you make it for one day and not want to spend 2/3 the price of the weekend to do it?

Jeremy Cesene
    Hillbilly Motorsports

Jeremy
    I'm sorry your not going to make it, I was looking forward to racing with you, it's going to be a GREAT Race with a good ITB class...

I do understand what your saying about the fees there ridicules and I'm sure some people somewhere are making a good living because of it, but if that's what it cost, well I'll pay it....
    Until I find a more economical way to get my racing fix....

We only get one ride on the track of life and I'm going to make it a good one......
    Bill Johnson

Looks like the Pinto's are coming after all, at least we're gonna try... talk about peer pressure. damn.

Carl, what was the name of the good Napa pads? I have no brakes, hope they still sell them.

Jeremy, I understand the time/money thing, no way I should be out there this weekend but...here I go.
    Its looking like a good ITB turnout if you can make it, if not maybe we'll see ya at the Pumpkin.

Looks like the Pinto's are coming after all, at least we're gonna try... talk about peer pressure. damn.
    [/b]
    Looks like no sleep for me in the next 2 days...

I have no brakes, hope they still sell them.
    [/b]
    I have some old Porterfields...They have about 12 good stops left in them...
    (Choose wisely )

Now EVERYBODY is coming EXCEPT Jeremy..... <_<
    Dave Gills
    ITB Red Pinto #80
    Grove City, Pa.

Aaron
    Go to Auto Zone and get the performance friction pads, life time on them and they work very well...
    But don&#39;t tell them your putting them on a race car...lol it may be hard to get them to replace them...lol
    Bill Johnson

Anyone have a big shoe that I can borrow?

After a few emails I found out some info that reduced my ignorance on the prices of this event.
    The minimum amount that an additional single car would cost the region is $32 for medical insurance if less than 100 cars are registered.
    If over 100 cars are registered the cost would be;
    $100 to the track for over-car rental fee
    $32 for medical

Yeah, I&#39;m in.

Now time to get the cars ready..... I can&#39;t get the race car back into the garage till I fix the daily driver in front of it.

Jeremy Cesene

Those NAPA brake pads for my Renault are AE-7131A-M. I am sure they make them for the Pinto as I used them before. They were refered to as Ralok then. Now they are NAPA, United Brake Parts, Application Engineered, metalic brake pads which is why the part number starts with AE. You will not be dissatisfied with these pads. You need to run them through a heat cycle to burn off the glue and solvent. Usually two or three hard applications and you will sense fade one time only. After that they are perfect. If anyone tries to outbrake you they will not make the corner so be careful if they are on the inside because they are going straight or spinning. And they cost less than $50. No point in spending more for brakes than for the car, right?
    I would not use them on rotors that have run carbon metalics as they will have much too much surface hardness from the transfered carbon.

How many are coming for practice Friday ?

I know I need it, I haven&#39;t been in the car since BeaveRun and I&#39;m probably rusty, so don&#39;t expect much from me,... I&#39;m such a Slug...

HOME
    ENTRY LIST FOR THE MAHONING VALLEY GOLDEN HARVEST DOUBLE REGIONAL

As of 10/18/07 10:00 AM

Please note: Groups 1 and 2 are going to be combined. Group 8 is being eliminated. Cars from group will be moved elsewhere based on entries. FF has been moved to Group 3

GROUP 2 ITB, ITC, SSB, SSC, SM 25

# 3 ITB Constantin Gheorghe
    # 9 ITB Kyle Selden
    # 13 ITB Bill Johnson
    # 24 ITB Greg Alley
    # 48 ITE Lauren Shevchik
    # 77 ITB William Emery
    # 80 ITB David Gills
    # 86 ITB Greg Rizzen
    # 88 ITB James Morgan Jr

# 41 ITC Carll Holbrook
    # 03 ITC Mark McAllister
    # 07 ITC Jim Royal

# 31 SSC Brett Mars
    # 62 SSC Bruce Keillor
    # 90 SSC Al Sauerland

# 4 SM David Jones
    # 12 SM Dan Harding
    # 40 SM Jeffrey Norris
    # 45 SM Bob Kucera
    # 64 SM Kent Tompkins
    # 67 SM John Legg
    # 71 SM Eric Budwit
    # 83 SM Thomas Minuto
    # 98 SM Charlie Campbell
    # 99 SM Bob Doernberg [/b]
    Me and my big mouth,...Now there are 9 ITB cars and that&#39;s just preregistration, holy moly this is going to be GREAT.....!!!! I&#39;m going to kick ALL your butts..............lol

I AM YOUR MASTER !!!!!
    KING OF ALL ITB.....HA HA HA !!!!!
    Bill Johnson

Who won?

I will have the results on the www.mvrscca.org website in about an hour.
    Carl

Thumbs up

what was up with that restart after the full course caution in group 5 on saturday ????? it picked up the field at mid pack and let the leaders come all the way around to the tail end of the field.. then the pace car began to wave by the "tail end of the lead lap" cars to go back around on the back stretch, then let the leaders go too.. and was still on the track when the green flew ? - And what &#39;bout that GT1 vette being waved onto pit road from the false grid and almost getting t-boned by the pace car that was coming off the track for the green ??? yikes ;(

I was at the corner worker party Saturday evening over by 13 and asked the same question of the pace car driver...
    (can&#39;t remember his name)

He said radio communications went out on the first lap & while they were switching batteries the assistant driver forgot to turn off the lights....So they had to do another lap.

They were VERY upset about the whole thing & embarrassed.

BTW...It was neither pace car or starts error.
    (they don&#39;t have communication with each other)
    The race steward talks to the pace car on the steward&#39;s net and then communicates to start via the control land line/flagger&#39;s net)

And what &#39;bout that GT1 vette being waved onto pit road from the false grid and almost getting t-boned by the pace car that was coming off the track for the green ??? yikes ;(
    [/b]
    Didn&#39;t hear about that one.
    Dave Gills
    ITB Red Pinto #80
    Grove City, Pa.

# 3 ITB Constantin Gheorghe won both races,...
    I was hit in oak tree on Saturday and went back to 3rd...
    I would have caught Constantin...NOT !!! that guy was flying........

Sunday, I was taken out buy the same guy that got me on Saturday in the first lap in the kink at over 100 MPH,...I made it back on track but lost my brakes and had to come in.........

All in all the weekend sucked
    Bill Johnson

I will have the results on the www.mvrscca.org website in about an hour.
    Carl
    [/b]
    My laps...

http://www.mylaps.com/search/advancedSearc...Gills&subject=6
    Dave Gills
    ITB Red Pinto #80
    Grove City, Pa.

Bill Johnson

The PUMPKIN WAS A BLAST TOO!!

It was great fun till the last lap...
    Bill Johnson