Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NARRC-OFFS - Info and Results

Okay, here's what I am hearing out in Ohio about ITA. It's not a ton of info but here goes.

Qualifying ITA

Andy B - 101.6
    Shane H - 103.0
    Richie H
    Robert B
    Jeff L

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Shane H.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooo hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    philstireservice.com 845-647-7407
    Hoosier/Toyo/Michelin/BFG Amsoil dealer
    Enkei Race Wheels
    Jongbloed SM Wheels
    Apex Race Wheels
    D-Force Wheels
    Race Tire Track Support NASA SCCA

The weather was fantastic for Friday's qualifying session. So much for the rain.

Greg Amy spun twice going into big bend (one in each qual. session) but is doing quite well with the ITS Acura GSR. Hopefully with the change of rear pads, he'll be able to better control the lock-up issue.

And I ended up going off fairly deep into the grass at the bottom of the downhill. The first time I thought for sure I was going to stuff it into the wall. That wasn't much fun.

Eric L. got pole in ITB with a crazy fast 1:03.9.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

From sunny Springfield, Ohio
    ITA
    Andy B
    Richie H
    Shane H
    Robert B
    Le Blanc

ITB
    Langelious
    Beran
    Gran

ITS

Maynard
    Driscoll
    Leverone

Sorry if I mispelled names.

Congrats to all winners and NARRC Champions.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

From sunny Springfield, Ohio
    ITA
    Andy B
    Richie H
    Shane H
    Robert B
    Le Blanc

ITB
    Langelious
    Beran
    Gran

[/b]
    ITS

<strike>Maynard</strike> Harding
    Driscoll
    Leverone

Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

ITS

<strike>Maynard</strike> Harding
    Driscoll
    Leverone

[/b]
    Just listened to the voice mail again - -totally blew that in ITS - OUCH Jeff, no one works harder than you - my bad. Thanks for the help on the details - My mind is getting old.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

[email protected]

Great day, great weather, the ITS battle was a great one. Good seeing Shane back.

That&#39;s OK, Timmy, just drag that car down to Atlanta, and you&#39;ll feel like a new man after your first few laps of that track!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

That&#39;s OK, Timmy, just drag that car down to Atlanta, and you&#39;ll feel like a new man after your first few laps of that track!
    [/b]
    Yeah we were talking to the person leaving you the voice mails. She&#39;s in for the trip if you are.

I also want to give props to the 4th place finisher in ITA he drove his ass off in the race. Great job Rob!!!!! :026:
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Yeah we were talking to the person leaving you the voice mails.
    [/b]
    Again to Jeff Harding - my bad and congrats on the win. I was trying to post from my Blackberry (new) and I couldn&#39;t figure out how to get back to voice mail without loosing the info already typed (turned out to be easier than I thought) - and some how got Maynard in my head shuffled Jeff out. I have to stick with the keyboards I know and can actually see.

[/b]
    I&#39;m working on it - I would love to run RA again, especially with the "new " TEG. My hope is that I don&#39;t drive so fast that the body panels start flying off the car like my last time with the CRX.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

[email protected]

Good weekend for FOM. Nice weather, full fields. We took victory laps in 4 of the 8 run groups!

The 09 ITA Miata has been running strong so we were pretty exicted at the prospects of matching up against some of NER finest plus the pre-registration of Anthony Serra and Shane Hawthorne&#39;s appearance made it a great weekend.

So how did it shake out? Serra didn&#39;t show, Shane spun on lap 1 and Richie spun mid-race. A few little mistakes didn&#39;t cost me (video was in so I hope to have that up soon) as those guys had lost some time regrouping.

Since this is my last scheduled race of the year, I ran DP also. I was hoping to drum up some inter-IT racing but only Greg A decided to run in Jeremy&#39;s ITS GSR. Greg spent a few too many laps trying to get by an EP Triumph TR3 and our &#39;race&#39; never really had a chance to develop.

2 poles, 2 wins, a DP track record and ITA Championships in NARRC and NERRC with a sizable lead in the NYSRRC with some races to go.

Thanks to everyone for a great year. The &#39;drawing board&#39; is full for 2008. Watch out ITS.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Congrats again Andy. Sounds like it&#39;s a perfect time to sell the 09. Don&#39;t leave us for ITS - we&#39;ll miss you really, really bad. Really.

This Blackberry is a challenge without my specs

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

[email protected]

Hey Jeff, congrats on the ITS win! Jeff is a good driver and a all around nice guy. I hope to do battle with you in a ITS BMW next weekend at the Glen in the enduro.

This Blackberry is a challenge without my specs
    [/b]
    Problem is not the Blackberry -- your arms are just too short!
    Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

I know I had a blast this weekend. A big Thanks is due to Greg Amy for keeping my car in one piece and officially telling me that I suck. LOL...

In all seriousness, we went to the NARRC runoffs and ran in DP and ITS to do some much needed testing of my car. We are interested to see if the GSR has serious potential to compete in ITS. Greg, in less than 4 sessions, was already 2 secs/lap faster than I have ever gone! He got the car down to a 1:02.5, which is about 1.5 -2 seconds slower than the leaders. He believes that the car is capable of a high 1:01 without doing anything else but just driving the car. So can a lot more track time and a built motor get the 1.5 seconds? I seem to think so...

I was very excited and had a great time. Seeing Greg get up to 5th place on the start of the ITS race was fun. Unfortunately he went backwards a little bit as have less HP began to show up.

I have never heard my car from the outside before and man it sounds mean!

The quote of the weekend, first session with Greg in the car on the radio we hear, "Damn the car actually turns!!"

Jeremy Billiel

Congrats to all the NARRC Runoffs competitors - it was a pristine weekend with fantastic weather. There were no major wrecks that I&#39;m aware of and some outstanding driving. The ITS race was a barn burner to watch. The ITA race was great also, but Andy walked away with the win - a well driven car and a clear head in traffic. Nice run by Shane back to 3rd and redemption.

Got my personal best time of 59.5 in Big Bore before getting black flagged for sound - my cat and mouse game with the sound guy didn&#39;t play out. New mufflers this winter. cha ching. Big bore is the place I like racing - running with Paul Newman is pretty cool. He won the race and is going strong at 83!

Check out some photos of the NARRC Championship Runoffs!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8969987@N06/

Huge props to Flatout Motorsports - wins in ITS, ITA, SM and DP. That better show up in Sports Car Magazine or I&#39;m turning in my subscription.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

I have never heard my car from the outside before and man it sounds mean!

[/b]
    IMHO, the best sounding car at the event. 9K RPM with real pistons and valves is a song that doesn&#39;t get sung much.

Huge props to Flatout Motorsports - wins in ITS, ITA, SM and DP.[/b]
    Thanks Dog.

Andy Bettencourt

IMHO, the best sounding car at the event. [/b]
    And here&#39;s a couple of laps of what it sounds like from inside (with a nice surprise at the end...)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...93851060303772
    or
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxFzmmgIY3s

(Note this is from one of the first sessions, when the damper rebound was accidentally turned all the way off...)

(Note this is from one of the first sessions, when the damper rebound was accidentally turned all the way off...)
    [/b]
    I hate when that happens. I wonder who could have done that?

Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Ack...gag....cough........

Sorry, I wasn&#39;t done choking...............

I couldn&#39;t beleive how many people were there (not just Boy Scouts). I&#39;ve never seen that many people at LRP other than a pro weekend. I was shocked when I went to leave and saw that the entire upper hill was covered with parked cars!!

Can any one give details on what happened up front in the ITA race?? Rob? Can anyone scan and send me a results sheet? I admitt, I was so disgusted I didn&#39;t even bother picking one up......

I have to say though, that the group three mix was one of the worst I&#39;ve ever run in. (Although I would like to be able to blame my performance on that!!) Maybe if was was running my usual times it wouldn&#39;t have been as big of an issue. Andy even had some problems getting by the same ITR I was about to lap as well. This guy got in between myself and the P5 ITA car and wanted to race!! Maybe since there were only a couple of other ITR cars he needed to race some one!!. But christ, I&#39;m lapping you in an ITA car, get the hell out of my way!!........................Video to follow!!

I have to give props to Eric Leblanc. He did a great job out there.

a DP track record [/b]
    Yeah, I never thought that 1:21 would ever fall!!

So who ended up being the initial NARRC champion in DP?? Did any one keep track??

IMHO, the best sounding car at the event. 9K RPM with real pistons and valves is a song that doesn&#39;t get sung much.

[/b]
    Andy, that was the first time I&#39;ve heard your car from the outside. That little bugger make some noise too!!

Oh yeah, the GSR is very capable of being a contender in ITS!! I&#39;ve changed my tune on that!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

So who ended up being the initial NARRC champion in DP?? Did any one keep track??[/b]
    I don&#39;t think anyone. You have to have at least 50 points to be eligible.

Andy, that was the first time I&#39;ve heard your car from the outside. That little bugger make some noise too!!

[/b]
    But mine is just &#39;noise&#39;. Jeremy&#39;s is more like &#39;music&#39;!

Andy Bettencourt