Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MIDAM BONUS Regional at GIR Registration Open

i share Mac's sentiments. the two of us were pushing hard to perform on a track we didn't know, and were inconsistent. you were quick and consistant, and watched Mac & I throw it away. the whole weekend i felt like i was driving hard, but not well.

being about 10yds behind the incident in T6 i had a good view of what happened. yes, Mac pushed 4 wheels off, but as anyone who has gone off on the outside over there knows, it's a bit of a roller coaster. Mac had a little less than half the track width to come back on, and wasn't pointed to abrubtly re-enter the asphault at all. but as his car bounced around it threw the car sideways, resulting in the contact. racing deal from my veiw.

i guess all three of us finished with wounded horses.

time to ignore the car for a month, then do some serious thinking about what needs to happen over the winter, and where i'll be next year. :snow_cool:
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Travis,
    I am not sure where you will be but I know "what" you will be!

Dave V

AHHHHH Volante, a wise man!
    TNord will always be the most noted leader of "The Midwest Douchebag Contingent"!
    Also it was very nice of you to allow Sidewalk to win on Sunday! How was the Acura?
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Diamond Dave is that kind of guy!
    1992 Mazda Miata #83 ITA/SM
    Eating Red Meat isn't bad for you...eating green, fuzzy meat is bad for you!

Ok, I finally was able to get the results on mylaps. Sorry it took me an extra day.

Enjoy

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=263488

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=263495
    Bryon Prokopf
    St. Louis Region Club Race Committee Chairperson
    T&S, F&C

Great reports guys! Congrats to Jeff.

What does Stephen Johnson drive?

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Steve has a SM as well.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Travis"DB"Norwald,I like that,DB for short.
    Fun weekend,good people.Stevie drove great all weekend and he loves his half of his new car.And I am pretty sure it would have been a long winter if he would of beat me in my old car!I never would have heard the end of it from this group.
    The Type R was fun.I qualified 1st in ITE and 2nd overall with a 1.09.4 something.Car handled good for about 10 laps and then it was pretty tight for the rest of the race,have to work on that.When the vtech part kicks in at about 7000 rpm you better hang on.The start of the race a GT 1 car held me up and the yellow ITE Stang got a good jump on me,I reeled him in after a few laps and hung with him until lap 10 or so and my front tires started to lose some grip and he pulled away.The GT car slowly caught up to me and passed me with 4-5 laps to go,hung with him for a couple of laps but by then I was in full lock turn to get the car to turn.Ended the race feeling good with the weekend only to find the yellow Stang broke with a few laps to go in the pit entrance and so finished 1st in class and 2nd overall.Kinda funny really,but it looks good on paper.

Mac,thanks for everything,humor,lunch,good racing and bringing a better looking crew then my raggedy looking bunch.

jeebus. i guess i deserve that. bring me a little pink skirt and i'll wear it next time i'm driving.

you might want to reconsider bringing your daughters to the track if sidewalk is going to be around.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

What happend with the Capri?

Looked like a piece of ITA history won't be coming back....
    [/b]
    Anybody? What happened to Dale?
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

all i saw was a car in the wall on drivers left between 2 and 3. don't know what it was, who it was, or how it happened. it was some sort of white/dark colored funky looking car.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

The Capri went into the concrete wall between T2 & T3. He appeared to have gone in nose first at a near 90 degree angle. I saw no ambulance following the incident, so I assume he was ok. Although the front of the car was bent upward pretty badly, it looked like it could be repaired...Not cheaply, though.
    Jim Stevens

Dale took a pretty good hit into that wall. He was transported for precautionary evaluations, but he was back at his hotel that evening and back at the track Sunday to pick up his car.
    Bryon Prokopf
    St. Louis Region Club Race Committee Chairperson
    T&S, F&C

Dale took a pretty good hit into that wall. He was transported for precautionary evaluations, but he was back at his hotel that evening and back at the track Sunday to pick up his car.
    [/b]
    Ah crap. And he was planning on selling the car at the end of the season the last time I talked with him. Thanks for the update Bryon.
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Thanks for the compliments guys, I worked my butt off for this one. I have to say thanks to Dave Jones for some tips and tricks that helped me get the car better set-up before the race. The only credit Burkett gets is for the door bars on my roll cage and for being an awesome business owner :P

I was so focused during the race that I can't even remember how the position changes went. I only wish I had incar video to re-live it all.

The carrousel is an interesting one, eh Mac? I remember catching up to you and being right on your bumper in the braking zone. You went out to the left (proper line) until you saw me trying to squeak by on the inside. When you came back over to guard your position, I could see that your wheels were pointed in the right direction, but the tires just couldn't swing it. You under-steered, put either two or four wheels off and came back on track right into my door and rear wheel. No worries though, the contact is half the fun!

Travis is the MVP though... I can't believe you finished the race on that tire! I only remember seeing a cloud of tire smoke in my mirror and hoping that you didn't put it into the wall.

Thanks for the memorable race guys. Your competition made me push farther and drive harder than I ever have before.
    [/b]
    Travis, I have to agree with Jeff on this, that was the biggest lockup I have ever seen in that turn, you had all four stopped. We were all quite impressed that you didn't flatspot to air.

Jeff, you are my hero, you drove a great race and deserved that checkered flag!!!!! It was all because of the PFM sticker, I am sure of it.

Well now to get ready for ARRC and after seeing you drive this weekend I can't wait to see you in the 240 at Atlanta, it should be quite impressive.

Jennifer Rudder

PFM Racing

Thanks Jen!

I got Friday and Monday off work for the ARRC Enduro... looking forward to it!

Travis,

I spent a few minutes screwing around with photoshop on this... thought you might like a copy.

-Jeff S
    '07 Mid-Am ITA Champion
    '07 St.Louis Region Driver of the Year

www.plainoldgas.com

Honda S2000 for ITR in the works

i had all four stopped huh? the other 3 must not've been locked up for long, because i finished the weekend on them and didn't notice anything. the brakes i have are ultra grabby, and really meant for big cars like T1 vette's and such. i like them at places like MAM where all of your braking zones are nice and smooth, and i didn't have any problems anywhere else on the track, but when you go over the transition and the car gets all nasty and unloaded, i had problems all weekend. when i had that big lockup, i was basically just trying to keep from getting into the back of Jeff, as that's not a good spot to be "bumpdrafting."

hey Jeff, why didn't you get a picture of the one lap i was in front of you!? this one just makes me sick. :P or to be more accurate you could just photoshop in a bunch of smoke coming from the LF wheel well.

PS - where'd that picture come from?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Then black flag brings us in for a short wait, we go back out and I am behind some B & C cars as we pace around the track i am yelling GO GO GO, but the B & C cars are gapping back for almost a split start. OH WELL, lets finish the last couple of laps and get ready for ARRC.

Mac,
    I wasn't trying to split the field, when we went back out for the restart the clutch in my Rabbit was slipping and I couldn't get the car up to speed. I apologize to all, should have waved everyone through. NewB mistake - please flog lightly.
    Jim Sexton
    …I feel ill at how far we have drifted from engineering and automotive integrity. It's not just nostalgia. It's more like sorrow. For a shining moment in human history all our science and engineering blossomed to create the great inventions and designs. Now we engage in techno-masturbation like Twitter and TPMS…
    Riley Tharp

i had all four stopped huh? the other 3 must not've been locked up for long, because i finished the weekend on them and didn't notice anything. the brakes i have are ultra grabby, and really meant for big cars like T1 vette's and such. i like them at places like MAM where all of your braking zones are nice and smooth, and i didn't have any problems anywhere else on the track, but when you go over the transition and the car gets all nasty and unloaded, i had problems all weekend. when i had that big lockup, i was basically just trying to keep from getting into the back of Jeff, as that's not a good spot to be "bumpdrafting."

hey Jeff, why didn't you get a picture of the one lap i was in front of you!? this one just makes me sick. :P or to be more accurate you could just photoshop in a bunch of smoke coming from the LF wheel well.

PS - where'd that picture come from?
    [/b]
    From where we were standing it sure did look like you had all four stopped at one point but we could have been mislead by all the smoke. I really am quite impressed that you finished, we thought all four had spots on them.

Jeff, that is a
    Jennifer Rudder

PFM Racing

Then black flag brings us in for a short wait, we go back out and I am behind some B & C cars as we pace around the track i am yelling GO GO GO, but the B & C cars are gapping back for almost a split start. OH WELL, lets finish the last couple of laps and get ready for ARRC.
    Mac,
    I wasn't trying to split the field, when we went back out for the restart the clutch in my Rabbit was slipping and I couldn't get the car up to speed. I apologize to all, should have waved everyone through. NewB mistake - please flog lightly.
    [/b]

No problem, I was DONE and just refused to believe it! As bad as the toe was you did me a favor, I would have probably hit another wall if I thought I could catch those boys.
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"