Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MIDAM BONUS Regional at GIR Registration Open

Since everyone is listening here, I'm rather interested in getting behind the wheel of a Miata over this race weekend before I make the move to build one over the winter.

I'd like to either rent an SM car to run in Sunday's ITA race or simply "buy" a few laps on Friday by paying for someone's test day. If anyone is interested in offering, please shoot me an email. a c r n e o n (at) g m a i l (dt) c o m
    -Jeff S
    '07 Mid-Am ITA Champion
    '07 St.Louis Region Driver of the Year

www.plainoldgas.com

Honda S2000 for ITR in the works

Hey Jeff, you sure you are ready to jump into a real race car. I mean moving up to a rear wheel drive car is a big step.

Take off the training wheels and get a Harley
    Bryon Prokopf
    St. Louis Region Club Race Committee Chairperson
    T&S, F&C

Maybe he can drive the Neon around the track backwards to get the effect of a rear drive car. As well as he drives the Neon, I'm not sure I want him in a real race car that handles.
    1992 Mazda Miata #83 ITA/SM
    Eating Red Meat isn't bad for you...eating green, fuzzy meat is bad for you!

Jeff,
    Slim chance I will be there mid day friday to try and sneak a few test laps in.If everything works out and I am there in time you can take old red 43 out for a spin.No walls please.

How big a feller are you?

Dave V

hey dave - get a garage spot by me and mac spikes. i'll need your help on getting up to speed at this place.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Hey all, permanent number deadline is tomorrow at 10pm. The IT fields are filling out quite nicely so come out and have a good time.
    Bryon Prokopf
    St. Louis Region Club Race Committee Chairperson
    T&S, F&C

Bernie Mermis you better not bring your #38 ITB VW! :P

forgot to mention, since it looks like i will be showing up, i have two BRAND NEW (still have the bands on them) sets of 205/50/15 Kumho V710s that i'm selling. they're pretty good tires, as i used 1 set all season long and managed 3 wins with, and have enough life to use this weekend as well. Kumho has the best regional contingency program there is, you can win up to $300 per regional race, potentially $600/weekend.

yes, I know they're currently on sale at tire rack for $122/tire, but with shipping/taxes they're more. i'll bring them to you for $500 for one set, or $900 for both.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Hey Tnord,
    I have two garage spaces reserved,where they are is not known.I am sure it will work out that we can.
    I might have to switch to ITA if we can't get any more SM.

Dave V

Dave,

Thanks for the offer! If your seat is on the smaller side, I would love to take you up on it.

There is a local guy that is welling to let me give his SM a try on friday, but I just don't fit in it... his seat is like a bathtub to me and the steering wheel would be more at home on a seamboat than a racecar. Just no way I can drive it.

On another note, if any out of towners need a hand with anything, feel free to find me at the track. I have a shop full of tools only a couple miles from the track.
    -Jeff S
    '07 Mid-Am ITA Champion

www.plainoldgas.com

I have a shop full of tools only a couple miles from the track.
    [/b]
    C'mon Jeff, your shopmates aren't all that bad
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

Jeff,

You will fit in my car,if I can make it early enough on Friday we will put you in it.About a 50-50 chance right now.

Dave V

For any of you out of towners that sustain body damage, Jeff is now an "expert" in the subject of bondo. And Scott, I noticed he did not call us "sharp" tools either!

does anyone have an old sony handicam?

i have some great footage of me and Mac at topeka in July, but i can't upload or do anything with it because the camera crapped out on me.

i dunno if other sony camera's can play the same tapes or not, but if someone was willing to take the time to upload it for me, it'd be much appreciated. and i'll give you free beer next weekend!
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

C'mon Jeff, your shopmates aren't all that bad
    [/b]
    I just got called a lard-assed steamboat driver and a tool. Sucks to be me.

Jim Stevens

Anybody going to have scales and string for setup at the track? I may need to adjust if I don't get it done before I get there?

Oh and none of that "Sure I can help you" from all my buddies. Remember there are walls in STL and an intentional bad setup would be just the thing my ambulance chasing (new lawyer) daughter is looking for!
    Get rid of the Ol man and cash at the same time. :P
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

i have toe plates, and i think there will be some scales there. i've already got dibs on them if they show up, so get in line!

did you get our garage yet? Just talked to sidewalk and he's in, and if you're not going to get a stall i'm going to share a spot with him.

Travis
    -taking his daily HGH so i have big balls to stay flat through T1.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I will have scales,more then welcome to them,sounds like we might need a schedule just for the scales.Tnord,get the garage space,I am supposed to have 2 spaces but--red miata/white type r/red miata with silver stripe/and some guy bringing his new blue miata means we are full.

Dave V

"Flat out thru T1"........is that Northern Talk for "Here, hold my beer and watch this!"? Those walls will hurt! Sorry I have to miss that show, but I just had a probelm develop here on the farm and have to cancel. Bummer! You guys have fun without me.
    1992 Mazda Miata #83 ITA/SM
    Eating Red Meat isn't bad for you...eating green, fuzzy meat is bad for you!

Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Dan's actually a pretty nice guy... I'm sure he was just busy with something. Funny though...

I pretty much made the commitment to build a Miata this week so no need to worry about the test day thing (thanks again for all the offers).

Ed, trouble on the farm? Sounds like an action packed episode of Green Acres! Seriously though, it won't be nearly as much fun racing without you and best of luck with your troubles.
    -Jeff S
    '07 Mid-Am ITA Champion

www.plainoldgas.com