Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MIDAM BONUS Regional at GIR Registration Open

Hey all, registration is open for the double regional brought to you by St. Louis Region at Gateway on October 27 & 28. Registration is online at www.dlbracing.com The Saturday regional race is the MIDAM double point bonus race. Sunday will consist of regional races. In an effort to spice things up we are planning on having two qualifying sessions for each race. I see some have already registered and it is looking like ITA will probably be the race to watch.
    Bryon Prokopf
    St. Louis Region Club Race Committee Chairperson
    T&S, F&C

I see some have already registered and it is looking like ITA will probably be the race to watch.
    [/b]
    Indeed!

There is one month to go and I'm already nervous as hell. Mac... Ed... Travis, see you on the track!
    -Jeff S
    '07 Mid-Am ITA Champion
    '07 St.Louis Region Driver of the Year

www.plainoldgas.com

Honda S2000 for ITR in the works

No more "Mr. Nice Guy" for me.....I'm coming after you guys....especially that Fast Ole Fart from Ft. Worth!
    1992 Mazda Miata #83 ITA/SM
    Eating Red Meat isn't bad for you...eating green, fuzzy meat is bad for you!

Indeed!

There is one month to go and I'm already nervous as hell. Mac... Ed... Travis, see you on the track!
    [/b]
    i'm at best 50/50 on bringing my dull wooden spoon to this AK-47 fight.

Jeff you ever talk to anyone about 08 scheduling?
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

What? I was planning on getting between you and Mac and coasting to the finish!

we're on a Roval right?

there are three things that are important at this track.

1) horsepower
    2) horsepower
    3) horsepower

my crate in SM trim needs some help in the IT world. i may have just found *1* more horsepower though.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

What? I was planning on getting between you and Mac and coasting to the finish!
    [/b]
    Haha, you're going to have to work for this one Ed! I spent all weekend putting ye olde Neon on a diet and I hope to have quite a few more ponies by the end of the month. Heres looking forward to the best race of our season!

Travis,

I did talk with the St. Louis race chair at our last general meeting. He seems to agree with the general perspective. I'm not sure what the outcome will be, but I will be crashing the midiv convention to make sure my opinions are heard.
    -Jeff S
    '07 Mid-Am ITA Champion
    '07 St.Louis Region Driver of the Year

www.plainoldgas.com

Honda S2000 for ITR in the works

Haha, you're going to have to work for this one Ed! I spent all weekend putting ye olde Neon on a diet and I hope to have quite a few more ponies by the end of the month. Heres looking forward to the best race of our season!

Travis,

I did talk with the St. Louis race chair at our last general meeting. He seems to agree with the general perspective. I'm not sure what the outcome will be, but I will be crashing the midiv convention to make sure my opinions are heard.
    [/b]
    great. just what nobody wanted to hear, the neon gets more power.
    i'm going to end up in the wall in T2 trying to brake late enough, i just know it.

the schedule is all but decided by the time convention comes around. so if you've got some pennies to through in the pot, now is the time.

PS - if you hear my car hissing around the banking, it's just an exhaust leak.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

the schedule is all but decided by the time convention comes around. so if you've got some pennies to through in the pot, now is the time.

[/b]
    There will be a scheduling conference call the week after the runoffs. I believe there plan is to leave this call with a schedule ready to be approved at the convention. St. Louis region is about 99% certain that we are dropping a race next year.
    Bryon Prokopf
    T&S, F&C

Geez, look at the classes in Group 5! ITS, AS, EP, GT1-3.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

i love it!

we'll finally get our full race distance in, and it'll give a certain nose-heavy, big-power FWD car another chance to run his tires off.

Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

We ran the October race this way last year Bill...It really wasn't that big a deal...the turnout is low...and "regional level" national class cars only really.

Although I did have to punt an AS car who got in my way during qualifying (j/k). :P

Geez, look at the classes in Group 5! ITS, AS, EP, GT1-3.
    [/b]
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

Bill these groups look good to us that have been getting lapped all year by the E cars. Hopefully we get all our laps. You should be fine with all those big bores.
    Travis, it looks like you and me and the Arkansas Flash need to make a constant three car draft if Jeff is getting lite and finding more ponies. I have run with Neon's on the TMS roval and once they get on the oval WOW. It should be a good one. I hope to learn where to go on Friday so that I can glue myself to your bumper. Or maybe Arkies!
    Has anybody heard what SMs are going to show up? I figured Zwolle and Tucker would show up. How about anybody else?
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

I'm sure I'll be sucking fumes of you and T!...but I plan to be on your back bumper! If we can stay ahead of that Green Tree Frog, we'll be lucky. I've heard that old age and treachery can defeat youth and energy on occasion.

As I share a shop and garage with the driver of the green mutant I would be happy to entertain any and all offers to perform spy and sabotage duties for you. As we will also be making our debut in this ITA mess with the POS-7 I'd be doing myself a favor too. Jeffie, you sure do bring out the best in everyone!

i wouldn't be too worried about me you guys.

i haven't driven at STL since my driver's school in 2004, and i may not even show up. but if i do, free beer for either Mac or Ed, whichever one wants to push me around the oval in qualifying!
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

On the SM front will be Dave Volante who hasn't had his "new" 1.8 down there yet and wants to see what it will do. He'll be swapping cars with Bob Roth, who is bringing the Integra TypeR they just bought to see what it will do. (I think Dave is in the Miata on Saturday and Bob on Sunday, subject to change of course....)

The Integra will be in ITE, I believe - still has a few NASA things to un-do to fit into ITR.

I'll be there in my slug of an SM.

That's all I know for now...

Jarrod
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

"Slug"?...I wish I could pedal mine as fast as you do your "slug"! Good to see you and Diamond Dave again. I'm putting velcro on my front bumper so I can stick to that Fast Old Fart from Ft. Worth and Boy Wonder (T.N.)

What in the world happened to the entry fees?!?!!!

To run one car in two classes is almost $600!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The test day is only $150
    Jennifer Rudder

PFM Racing

I know Jim Stevens is planning on running SM and Steven Burkett will be debuting his new SM that weekend.
    Bryon Prokopf
    T&S, F&C