Thread: DRIVER SUIT WARNING

They're going to have to do better than that; as a tech inspector, I cannot be expected to recognize the "dye sublimation process". And even if I did, and tried to reject the suit, I'd catch hell.

They're going to have to publish specific makes and models of suits that are problematic, otherwise if I see an SFI patch I'll pass it... - GA

Greg, basically if the suit has graphics that are not a patch or embroidered (with Nomex I assume) it should not be SFI certified I think is what they're saying.

Per the SFI report recently there was a dye sublimation process suite with a SFI 3.2A specification patch affixed to the suite.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

I'm with Greg on this one. In the absence of any hard fact points (i.e., a manufacturer's name and some way to positively identify the suits in question), I can't find a basis to reject the suit. What I can do is share this information with others and, as the SFI notice says, make drivers aware of this and suggest they contact their suit manufacturer.

I wonder why the specifics of the situation "at a major drag racing event" were not disclosed. Legales, or is that black helicopter stuff?
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged