Results?

Any good stories?

Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Quick ITA...

Saturday qualifying was Jan Rief (integra), me (integra), Goran Presevski (crx), and Ian Green (crx). We took off in a train of four for probably seven laps or so before Ian dropped off a bit. Goran hung on to the back of me and Jan for a bit longer but also eventually fell back a little bit. In the meantime, Jan and I were swapping the lead back and forth probably a good ten times or so. Twice we went side by side from 6 through 9. The last pass took place side by side from 6 through 13. That was insane. I ended up holding on for the win despite some very interesting Spec Miata back markers and absolutely gone tires. Jan held on to second despite his tranny occasionally popping out of fourth gear.

Sunday morning qualifying (I think) was me, Ian, Mark Rushbrook (saturn), Steve Sancricca (crx), and Jan. Mark got Ian at the start and the three of us stayed pretty close for a couple of laps until Ian's tires started falling off and I starting pulling out a bit on Mark. Jan was a man on a mission despite literally having to drive with one hand on the wheel and one hand holding the tranny in gear. He was moving and with about a 6 second lead on Mark, I got word that Jan had taken second and had cut my lead to five seconds. Screw that! So I stepped it back up and pulled the lead back out again until the checker came out. On a side note, Jan actually didn't blow up an axle this weekend! He might finally be listening to me - haha! Insert a new tranny that shifts and axles that last, and he might be a force at the ARRC.

Overall, I was moderately pleased with my car. I finally got back to running in the 1:44's for the first time this year. Also, despite the high heat, I was able to run my fastest lap of the race on Sunday on the last lap. Consistency, that's nice. However, I'm still a long, long, long ways off of what the Moser's have been doing there this year. Yea, so my car's better, but it's ARRC time and it's still not as fast as it was this time last year. I wonder what the trophy for 10th looks like.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I wonder what the trophy for 10th looks like.
    [/b]
    You can't have that one, it's Mine! :P
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777

Quick ITA...
    I wonder what the trophy for 10th looks like. [/b]
    Want to see my 9th from the IT-Spectacular

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Matt, can you shed any light as to why SCCA events are almost always non-spectator? I don't think I've ever seen a NASA event that wasn't open to spectators (and free too!). Seem like spectators would be good for the growth of the club.
    [/b]
    Jeremy,
    I'm not matt, but I do sit near him at BOD meetings....In any case its basically insurance. Back in the "olden days" they were spectator events and for some reason the insurance standards changed. Mid-Ohio does not care how we do it. Spectator events do require more volunteers or paid employees to keep idiots from going where they don't belong. Frankly I'm happy that we have the infield open now. Back in the 90's that was never gonna happen. We have discussed running spectator events and I think that we might find a few more workers that way, but I doubt we'll see them in the next year or two.

db

Results?

Any good stories?
    [/b]
    Car ran bad all weekend, blew it up on Sunday, beer drinking went as planned. End of story.
    "I came, I saw, I broke"

Are the results posted anyplace?

Car ran bad all weekend, blew it up on Sunday, beer drinking went as planned. End of story.
    [/b]
    Well, we do go racing as another reason to drink right?

Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777

All sessions are posted to Mylaps.com. Search Neohio and you will find it.