Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ITR cars

Kevin,

The RSX has a ton of potential, pulled a 1:42.4 with it on the Friday test day. Was hoping for ARRC, not this year though. Gonna build a "proper" engine, some sus tweaking and some Hoosiers for next year....See you next season.

PS: I think the S2000 would be a good ITR ride. The T3 track record is in the 1:42's with just dampers on it. It would run over 100 lbs lighter with gains to be had in the suspension not much left in the engine though...Should be able to get it in the 1:40's. Would be a fun ride

Ken
    Kenneth Martin

Quote Originally Posted by KMartin View Post
    Kevin,

The RSX has a ton of potential, pulled a 1:42.4 with it on the Friday test day. Was hoping for ARRC, not this year though. Gonna build a "proper" engine, some sus tweaking and some Hoosiers for next year....See you next season.

PS: I think the S2000 would be a good ITR ride. The T3 track record is in the 1:42's with just dampers on it. It would run over 100 lbs lighter with gains to be had in the suspension not much left in the engine though...Should be able to get it in the 1:40's. Would be a fun ride

Ken
    Hey Ken, there you are. You ducked out of Mid O before I could talk to you. How is your car? You did a great job driving, except for the missed shift. It was great to meet you, I'll be looking forward to our next meeting.
    BTW the Honda S2000 will run at 3005# in ITR, more than it does in T3 and that's just the 2.0L.
    BTW, the guy in the GT1 Vette, who drove me off the carousal wanted to know why I turned down on him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    BTW, that was a RSX-S that Ken Martin had out there last weekend "kicking your ass", not an Integra. A track record setting, and a Dan Jones beating (sorry Dan!), 1:42.8 on the cars first ever day on a track is just awesome. Too bad he weighed in just slightly underweight so it won't stand. Then to top that off, the motor went "BAM!" on Sunday. Yeah, I'd love to build one of those, but that's what keeps me from doing it. Blow up ITA Integra motor - $300 for a new one. Blow up ITR RSX-S motor - $4000 for a new one. Yeah, no thanks.
    Don't be sorry Kevin, Ken is a really nice guy and a good driver. I felt bad he got DQ'ed on Sat. That's not the way I want to win races. The Stewards DQ'ed him, there were no protests involved. Even if the Stewards would not have DQ'ed him, I would not have protested him.

Dan,

It was nice meeting and racing with you. Indeed it was the stewarts that issued the DQ. My own fault, should have weighed the car on their scales. My goal for the weekend was just to get a log book and get the car on track to see if it would be competitve. Had a lot of fun and enjoyed mixing it up with everyone again. It has been 8 years since I raced wheel to wheel, it felt good to be back

Any progress on getting your car fixed? You got screwed on that deal.

I look forward to seeing you next year
    Ken
    Kenneth Martin

Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
    ...BTW, that was a RSX-S that Ken Martin had out there last weekend "kicking your ass", not an Integra.
    Thanks. I stand corrected. I always confuse the RSX with the Integra.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series

Quote Originally Posted by jhooten View Post
    Can a non-turbo 7m powered 3rd gen Supra at 3100# really be competitive in ITR? If so, I would rather build one than to build another ITS car out of the spare 2nd gen.

All I know is that Ron Pawley of Arkansas ran an ITR Toyota Supra at the IT Fest at Mid-Ohio to the tune of 1:45.68. That's respectable given the ITR track record is in the 1:43 range.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang

It should have been in the 42's...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Kenneth Martin

Quote Originally Posted by RedMisted View Post
    Thanks. I stand corrected. I always confuse the RSX with the Integra.
    Well, it is still an "Integra" in the rest of the world. But for some reason some market researcher decided that American's like numbers and letters in random combinations as the name of their car, and not an actual name. So when it comes here, it gets a sweet American's-attention-getting "RSX-S" badge.

Ken - I kind of figured that the blown engine probably took away any possibility of you making it to the ARRC. That's too bad - it's an awesome event. You know, I could use some more crew this year....
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Fret not, you will probably get well down into the 41s or 40s if you carry through with your planned car upgrades.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang

Kevin,

If by "crew" you mean someone to drive one of your cars..count me in...
    Kenneth Martin

Yes Ken it SHOULD have been.

I thought I got the car more dialed suspension in wise on Sunday even though the car was a little twisted. To bad about your car, did you hurt the engine? I think Sunday's race might have been closer than on Sat. but I guess we'll have to wait for next year.

I have a lot of the parts I needed to repair my car. I made a trip to the junk yard and picked up a few things and the car is at the frame shop now getting straightened. He said it wasn't bad at all. What a shame I wanted to go to ARRC also.

What made me feel good is knowing you were behind me and saw the complete incident with that POS GT1 vette. So you know I wasn't lying about it.

We have some more things to do to the car over the winter, so expect it to be faster. Keep in touch Ken.
    Dan