Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NARRC Runoffs

Raymond, not the first race ever! ITB in the late '80's early '90's was the big IT class, IIRC frequently more B cars than all other IT classes combined (but I am old and memory among other things isn't always "UP"). The 2nd John Stim race in 1990 had ITB as the first race of the day and was B only (John Stim of MoHud Region raced IT, again IIRC there were 30 some B cars. It was cool, we had 2 Pace Laps with "John Stim" on pole in a missing man formation for the first pace lap. Anyway, like I said I'm old so this could all have been a dream. I' sure there is someone who could access old results to check my geriatric "facts".
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

in a missing man formation for the first pace lap.[/b]
    What does that mean? Is it that no one was next to the person on pole?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

This is the NARRC Runoffs and a bunch of fast guys are staying home?!? Cluck, cluck, cluck.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

What does that mean? Is it that no one was next to the person on pole?
    [/b]
    Dave it means that the late John Stim had the pole, since he was deceased, he was "missing" the whole right column of cars dropped back one position for the first of two pace laps, leaving the pole position empty. The second pace lap was normal. Blue Angels etc occasionally fly a "missing man" formation to honor a fallen pilot.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

This is the NARRC Runoffs and a bunch of fast guys are staying home?!? Cluck, cluck, cluck.[/b]
    Well, to be fair, a few things merged to cause this:

1) The NARRC point system was adjusted such that you had to attend specific races in order to be eligible for double points at the NARRCoffs (traditionally, there were no requirements for double points);

2) One of those required races fell on the same weekend as the new IT Fest at Mid-Ohio, which a lot of Nor'easters attended;

3) As a result, the NARRCoffs lost one of their major draws, which was the double points;

4) In most classes, the champion have already been decided, with or without that double points potential.

Add in there it's approaching the end of the year (and the end of budgets) and it's probably not a difficult decision for a lot of folks to sit this one out...

That said, there are 194 entries on-line, with no doubt a few more mail-ins, so it's really not that bad of a turn-out. Less than we'd like, of course, but you lie in the bed you make... - GA

New Britain, Connecticut, U.S. Local Track: Lime Rock Park

Just for the sake of argument, Greg, point 4 just kinda makes the other three irrelevant then-but hey, about 200 should be enough anyway.
    Kinda hard to believe it's already the end of the season...
    "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
    "Don't genius live in a lamp?"
    -Patrick Star
    NER Board Member

This is the NARRC Runoffs and a bunch of fast guys are staying home?!? Cluck, cluck, cluck.
    [/b]
    I'm not staying home. I will be there to watch. :P
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Now I'm excited!!! I just got the car back from Kessler Engineering and Matt was able to resolve my brake issues. He also saw that one of my rear wheels had waaaay too much toe out caused from the Mid Ohio wall that got in my way.

I think I've been hanging out with Gulick too long - here I am the night before finally getting the car in shape to race. Oh wait, Jake, you'd do it at the track. LOL
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing