I thought we'd spin this off as it ws getting pretty big picture.

Synopsis:
Wings...good idea or bad?
  • Bill Denton points out that they do have the advantage of atracting the younger crowd, which is needed.....
  • Kirk comments on the need for any organization to do strategic planning...
  • Travis opines that the SCCA isn't capable, and that NASA will be kicking our butts in a few years...
he said,:
..........as you said, bill's motivation for being in support of wings is very well founded. my perspective is that the solution to the problems in SCCA and IT go far and above just slapping on some trendy parts and stickers, and that doing so would hurt the class without helping the actual issue...........[/b]
So, I agree that wings aren't a soultion per se'...but to understand what the solution is, you have to know what the problem is...
(One issue that always drives away the more common constiuents is the "Haves and have nots" situation. I feel wings will further seperate the haves and have nots, something I feel IT fights to keep in check and balanced)

So...the qestion...what ARE the problems facing IT? Are they specific to IT only? Or are they part of the greater organization? As an ITAc member, it would interest me to hear where IT fails, and where it should go.

Let's try to keep the suggestions within the realm of possibliity...if you feel that we should be racing cars with stock springs (for example) that's fine, but it would be rather impractical to have the entire country throw away their springs, etc.