i'm with you for the most part kirk.

i don&#39;t know if there should be a class for cars <5yrs old with an identical ruleset to IT or not, but i&#39;m in agreement that it shouldn&#39;t be too difficult of a transition. for example, there shouldn&#39;t be anything in Touring that is &#39;beyond&#39; the IT ruleset in terms of prep. So for instance, the RR shocks should be reigned in.

there&#39;s a couple different problems with this region Jeff. we are HUGE geographically, but small on a population basis. Good lord, how far is it from Blair NE to Memphis TN? or even Nashville these days apparantly. Hell, it&#39;s 10hrs+ from Kansas City to Memphis, and Blair is another 5hrs NW of KC. So what is that, at least 15hrs from the NWernmost track to the SEernmost? The problem is, there&#39;s probably more people in NYC than there is this entire division.

combine that with somewhere around 15-17 regional race weekends this season, and you get small car counts across the board. between the June 16th National at HPT, and the end of the Runoffs, 12 of 16 weekends have events if you include the June Sprints and Solo Nationals. That&#39;s just plain stupid.

Amplifying the problem is the split between Great Lakes and Central Division. We used to get a decent number of these guys down to STL or Omaha for some events, but now they just go to either GL or Central for their out-of-division races. Splitting the old central division probably hasn&#39;t doubled the number of races in the same geographic region, but it&#39;s probably close.

We essentially have zero NASA presence in this area, maybe because they know it&#39;s a money losing proposition, maybe because it&#39;s too close to SCCA HQ, maybe they just haven&#39;t got around to it. But they certainly aren&#39;t our problem.

The only IT specific big issue is the number of major changes that have been made in a short period of time. I think it&#39;s for the greater good, but i can see how it would piss some people off.