I disagree with you Trav on the SCCA / NASA thing. NASA is a very 'right now' club. They are constantly moving to grab the lowest hanging fruit. I see nothing 'strategic' from them. Witness the abundance of spec classes. SE-R? Neon? Focus? 944? E30? Factory Five?

Their core class, HC, is shrinking. PT is a bandaid that may or may not survive. The way the rules are written allows for short term growth but no long term stability. Class subscription is notthing to write how about. A quick look at how many cars are rinning their National now is proof. The biggest concern I have heard is safety...and that shoul dbe at the CORE of your program, not a second thought.

That being said, they do many things well. Low hanging fruit is still just that - reveune nobody else is getting - and those drivers may stay with NASA forever. Younger crowd, a cool party-type atmosphere are all plusses to many. They also seem much thinner and less resistant to change.

Right now, there is room for both. Each can learn from the other but I see plenty of space for each group as they seem to cater to different enthusiasts.

Bottom line? The SCCA needs to get younger and NASA needs to get older....