Gentlemen, thanks to all of you for your opinions, which is all I was ever asking for. I didn't intend this to become a long, drawn out discourse on all of the variables involved in determining the effect of extra weight on a car's performance. And I do understand just a little about the physics affecting performance with regard to weight, its affects on handling, braking, and acceleration, and the fact that each car will benefit differently from changes in weight. I was just hoping to glean a little extra insight from those of you who have been doing this for many years. I know opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them, but I have come to value the opinions of a handful of our members, and was only trying to tap into that resource.

I also fully realize that the extra weight is not even close to being the main factor in my struggle to move closer to the front of the field. Engine/suspension development & testing, and mainly driver development are all key factors in cutting my lap times, and I realize I still have a ways to go in those areas. I was merely trying to quantify a few of the pieces of the puzzle that I know are still missing, in an attempt to plan my next steps in the process. And before you say it; yes, I understand that attempting to quantify the areas where there is need for improvement, and then expect the effects to be cumulative, is not realistic so rest assured I'm really not living in a fantasy world .

Cheers.