Thread: What's 100lbs worth?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The only problem with the first idea is that most of the really talented drivers whose opinions I trust are about 4" - 6" shorter and 40 - 80lbs lighter than I am (hmmm, do I see a pattern here?), and would require that I re-mount the seat & harnesses to get them in the car.
    [/b]
    Earl, it requires commitment to run at the front. If you're not ready to consider some minor personal surgery to run at the front, then the next thing you'll be looking for is DCs.

And then there's the whole thing about how I would react when they get in the car and immediately run 2 seconds faster than I ever have
    [/b]
    If you're a cheap bastard like me, my reaction was "Yippee, I don't have to spend any more money on the car for a while!"
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Earl, it requires commitment to run at the front. If you're not ready to consider some minor personal surgery to run at the front,[/b]
    Sure, easy for you (who needs extra padding for his 14" Kirkey seat) to say.

then the next thing you'll be looking for is DCs. [/b]
    How did you you know? I've already started my letter - "I would like to race my 240SX in ITC, at 3500lbs". Maybe then I would have to add a few lbs
    If you're a cheap bastard like me, my reaction was "Yippee, I don't have to spend any more money on the car for a while!"[/b]
    I am a cheap bastard - they teach that at bean counting school - but until you've had that happen to you....oh wait, you have had that happen to you, haven't you Btw Rob, are you still lending out your ride to fellow competitors? I may need a car for the double in November.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

I am a cheap bastard - they teach that at bean counting school - but until you've had that happen to you....oh wait, you have had that happen to you, haven't you Btw Rob, are you still lending out your ride to fellow competitors? I may need a car for the double in November.
    [/b]
    Ouch!

The truth is not pretty..... but the car is newly caged (and thanks to the efforts of Bill Etherington of NNJR, now log booked. Thanks!) and if it's the 11/17-18 weekend you are talking about, I'll be driving both ends of that weekend myself, thank you very much. Besides, it's got a 15" seat in it now, so surgery might still be on the table....
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged