I hear you Chuck, and it's an area that is rather debatable. The tri link adds a part, and the upper links remain in place. Now, effectively, their role is diminished, by the soft bushings.

Another method of solving the issue (Poor axle geometry when the car is lowered) would be to use offset bushings in the upper and lower links, but I assume when Susko (G Force) did the math, he decided he could get better latitude by using the "Add a traction bar" option in the rule book.

I know it's a fine line, but I fall on the side of the issue that thinks that the links are clearly suspension location devices, and that considering them traction control devices only (the rulebook doesn't list the allownace for traction control devices/suspension locating devices) is pushing things more than I'd feel comfortable with. I love a good rule loophole as much as anybody, (I've disovered and closed a few actually), but I've decided to stay out of the gray on this one. But others, as you've mentioned, have other opinions, and thats fine.