Thread: CIS mixture tweaking Q

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Messing with the main (system) pressure will do nothing good. Been there done that doesn't work!If anything shim it up to about 90 to 100 psi and then find a way to accurately regulate control pressure. The stock WUR will not do it right. What was your control pressure anyhow?We have a bolt on system that works flawlessly and would sell you one for $250.
    [/b]

Jeff- Can you send me info on that CPR setup? kendall at jonestechnicalgroup.com

Kendall
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kendall Jones

Jeff- Can you send me info on that CPR setup? kendall at jonestechnicalgroup.com

Kendall
    [/b]
    Ditto! I'm at vaughan (at) vaughanscott.com - cheers!

You talking about your annual inspection, or did you get protested? If the former, that check has ZERO credibility (or supportability in a protest situation) as to the legality if items on the car; that's an annual safety check only.

If you want de facto and de jure proof of legality of a mod you've made, you need to follow the process specified in GCR 8.1.4 (p GCR 65 in the latest version). Otherwise, its legality is still up to argument.

Personally, as I noted above, I believe it can be done legally, and I'm sure the board here would be tickled pink to get into debating its legality. However, given your circumspect discussion of this "system" you've installed, I'm guessing you want to keep it proprietary; ergo you should make any potential customers aware that they are proceeding at their own risk.

Greg
    [/b]
    My impression is that it's nothing particularly special as far as implementation; all you're doing is bleeding pressure off one port and dumping it back to the return line to the tank. I suspect that, once you price out a decent regulator and gauge, then add the expense of compliant stainless braided hoses to plumb them in, with the right stupid metric fittings, any profit would be modest, and worth the effort to figure out all the bits.

I'm still gonna go home and, especially since the gauge is still plugged into my car, play around with the system pressure and watch the control pressure. I'd really like to see this in action, to improve my knowledge of how the system works. I think we've finally reached the point where we can stop struggling to just get the systems working properly, stock, and now look at modifications/tuning.
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com