Over the past year, I've done a TON of work on building a car that has the potential of running up front. This is the same model/make I have run previously, so I already had done a significant amount of homework although there was a significant amount more necessary this time around. During this build, I decided it was time to do things "more right" and get myself into a no excuses car. Funny how I came up with a new set of excuses. LOL! Only with the help of others, I was able to get the improtant things complete. (I owe a lot to Grant McStay & Matt Kessler!) The car ran great during my first race exceededing my personal expectations and I feel there's more to be had. I wrote down list of to-do items, but just can't get the motivation to get it done. Fortunately many of the items are either cosmetic or items not critical - maybe that's it? Tonight I got home from work and my wife had to work late, so I planned on getting some of the items done on the car. Well, I started painting the cage and completely ran out of motivation. I kept hearing "watch the Rolex Iowa race, watch the Rolex Iowa race, beer, beer, beer". Hmmm. It would be wrong for me not to watch the race now while Melissa is at work. Then I found myself checking out a few things on the Internet including IT.com. Go figure. I know I need to get my butt in gear in time for the big Mid Ohio event, but how? I watched some race videos hoping that would do it, but that just got me wanting to drive vs. work on the car. It's quite possible the wish list stuff will just have to wait a bit and I'll finally feel the need to get in gear next week to do the necessary stuff. Maybe I can simply blame it on a long day at work?

My father keeps telling me that "you'll appreciate it more". I think to myself "Blah, blah, blah." In reality, he's right but I'm just grumpy with this stuff. What types of things do you do to give yourself that extra kick in the butt? I have a package for the Prelude at the post office waiting for me to pick up and could use some ideas. I suppose tomorrow's another day.