Thread: Volunteer of the Year Nominations - Due 9/7

Just in case the IT community is not aware, the Volunteer of the Year Awards are selected from nominations provided by the SCCA Membership.

Time is quickly running out to nominate individuals in the following specialties: Course Marshall, Medical, Fire & Rescue, Flagging & Communications, Grid/Pits, Race Administration, Registration, Scrutineer, Sound, Starter, Timing and Scoring, and Steward.

The nominations for the 2007 awards are due September 7th. If you know of someone who has been instrumental in his/her specialty during the past year, please take a few minutes and send a nomination to: [email protected]

Here are some questions to help you write your nominations ("boiler plate" letters will not be accepted):

1) Does this Volunteer support their specialty, event, region, competitors, fellow volunteers, and the SCCA? If so, how do they it?

2) Has this Volunteer shown dedication and enthusiasm throughout the year?

3) What distinguishes this Volunteer as unique? Do they exhibit strong skills, good leadership, and a willingness to go "beyond what is expected"?

4) Did this Volunteer make a difference during a certain task or special situation? If so, how was their presence influential?

Thanks for the brief diversion. We now send you back to your regularly scheduled "driver-related" topics -

Kelley Huxtable
    DMVR
    "PLAY SAFE"

Kelly,

After watching you playing in traffic at T7 at the Petit last year, YOU are my nomination!!

Scott "Righty" Franklin
    ITA/IT7 and SPU
    F&C
    Racing make heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

ITA/IT7 Rx7
    SPU Baby Grand "clown car(s)" 1 stock, 1 with Hayabusa
    CCR BoD
    SWC of CCR Road Racing Liaison
    F&C

Scott ...

Thanks for the compliment ... but, I think you have me confused with my husband!! It was Will who was at T7 for Petit last year. Unfortunately, he hasn't had much opportunity to go racing this year. He's building a business, and it's taking lots of time (including weekends!). He is going to squeeze a couple of days at RunOffs (since they're only 120 miles from home).

Hope to see you at Petit,
    Kelley Huxtable