Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FUN ONE

PS - on edit - way to go to Mr. Amy for erasing a cheater lap record. [/b]
    Ahhhh. THAT is a good point! It's gone with the Wind.......(you all can guess the rest)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I had a great time guys! It was a real pleasure to meet GA at last and Jeff Harding, real nice guys, and to see some people that I've known too. There was a lot of class people there. Brian F, Steve W, Tony S and Matt R. just to name a few and even Nick Leverone from Flat Out stopped by to say hello. Sportsman of the weekend has to go to Brian Fritzgerald for letting Matt Rooke slide after passing him under yellow on the last lap for 2nd place in ITS. I'm not quit sure why the stewards let him slide? I beleive I know Matt well enough to say he would have never passed under yellew if he would have know it was out. Matt, you owe Brian a big one ! Any way, Salute Brian F . My choice for racer of the weekend goes to Steve Wheeler for pulling a almost all nighter to swap engines in his Acura, even if it did have 30 hp less.
    Why were the Sunday's races shortened by 2 laps or 3 minutes? Do we get a 2 lap refund? I was just getting warmed up.

All,

Please note that while it was my car, it was being driven by Joel High. He called me Sunday and told me about the race and I was just rofl. Sorry to hear it had other consequences. One of those consequences seems to be the drag on the car helped the cluth start to slip and overheat. That's why he wasn't out on Sunday.

I'm in Maine and on Saturday the Blue Angels performed at Brunswick Naval Air Station. An F-15 Strike Eagle did a wheelie down the runway by keeping his air brake up so he could keep the nose lifted all the way down the runway with his back wheels on the ground.

So as I was standing out on the deck listening to Joel's story of the hatch all I could picture was the F-15 going into the boot at he Glen.

I guess movable aerodynamic devices are allowed after all.

I'm probably out of the NARRC-offs (crap) until the clutch is fixed, but hope to be back for the Last Chance weekend at the Glen.

Much congrats to Paul Curran for his fast lap.

I heard talk about Shawn Fohs car. Any real info flying around?

Dave Zaslow

Was definitely an awesome weekend. Congrats to all the new record holders. Brian and I had one heck of a battle the second half of the race. When he mentioned to me that there could have been a yellow out during my pass I was like o no! But at the post race drivers meeting, the official mentioned that no yellows had been shown, so we left it at that. Props to Brian for being a sportsman and a heck of a driver, looking forward to our next battle!

How bout that group 5 Saturday race with all the cars that went off!, especially that one stranded in the middle of the track between 9 and 10. Could not believe they kept the track green given the way WGI usually handles things.

Fantastic weekend to say the least, always my favorite of the year.

Dave--Following the "winged hatch wonder" during the double yellow, I said to myself "I hope he doesn't get black flagged and no one can challenge the legality of his hatch's struts"!

Here's some video from the Group 3 Big Bore race. First time I did the video upload - pretty easy. You can see I make some mistakes going into turn 1 too hot.

Look for Greg's NX running in DP.

Cheers!

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1155883
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Have to start calling you BIG BALLS BEN. Shit if I went that fast I could really hurt myself.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion