The new 260Z motor is done now after a couple of months down time. Motor has all new bits, new Nissan race cam, 3.1L big more kit, 11.5 compression......just kidding!

The motor is 0.040" over now and has new pistons, all new valves, valve job, some high high buck replacement rings, and good bearings. Got a set of new valve springs too. It got treated to a new oil pump, new water pump, and all new timing gear. Flywheel and pressure plate were re-balanced as an assembly too. Everything seems to be in good order and we're really for the installation later this week.

The compression is about 0.1 lower than max 0.5 IT spec. Seems the head gasket I have now that came from Riely in Lynchburg is thicker than the one that came off the car. The head was surfaced but only like 0.002" or so as it was quite flat apparently and we didn't take off enough to offset the gasket thickness change. Oh well.

I adjusted the valves on Saturday morning and did the best I could to make sure the cam lobes hit the center of the pads. Intake 0.008" and exhaust 0.010". Do you Z guys recommend any different adjustment? And, once I get it fired up and run in a bit how quickly do you go back and check them?

I'm hoping fire up will go well and I'll have a reliable race motor for a couple of years at least. Keeping my fingers crossed!

R