Thread: Time for coilovers

Well I have been racing a b13 at 2250 lb with AGX/HIPER combo and I have been looking around for better options that can fit my weekend warrior budget to be more specific around 1,200$ and I finally have an offer from a local auto parts who is giving me a very good deal on progress group coilovers and I was told that the standard spring weight is 350f and 250 r and that they were not adjustable that they are just tuned for the spring weight but if I order them I can change the weight to my liking for an extra charge and I will like to know from the guys that still race this dinosaur to tell me if Im good with the original spring weight or if I have to go a notch stiffer and if this set up is way better that the AGX / HYP combo.

Well, take a look at Greg's spring rates (800f/550r) IIRC. 350/250 is going to be too soft, although a little bit better than Hypercos.

I have the Progress coilovers, but for some reason my cage has been taking an infinite amout of time to get finished so I can not offer feedback. They have a very beefy build, but that is all I can tell you.

Based on reading I have been kicking my self for not getting the tried and true Koni setup.

I would say that AGXs are less than idea in any case, however my "beater" is still on the even older GABs.

Well, take a look at Greg's spring rates (800f/550r) IIRC. 350/250 is going to be too soft, although a little bit better than Hypercos.

I have the Progress coilovers, but for some reason my cage has been taking an infinite amout of time to get finished so I can not offer feedback. They have a very beefy build, but that is all I can tell you.

Based on reading I have been kicking my self for not getting the tried and true Koni setup.

I would say that AGXs are less than idea in any case, however my "beater" is still on the even older GABs.
    [/b]
    Well thanks for your comments Zman I talked to ED from progress group who happens to work on B13 years ago and gave me some advice on the spring rates and it’s all a done deal I try to talk with Ground Control but their response was as simple as (We don’t have nothing for you).