Thread: Headed North

In a few I will brave the Labor day weekend traffic headed north to Texas Motor Speedway for the last points race of the year. Hope to move from the three way tie for 9th to at least the top five.

See ya there.
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

Good luck Jerry! Good to see you're running again.

All in all it was a good weekend. The track clean up crews made snails look like speed demons. We got to race 6 out of 16 laps both days. Saturday an ITA Miata slammed the wall in turn one and Sunday it was an SRX7 between two and three. Both cars were write offs but the drivers were able to walk away.

Since none of my ITE competitors bothered to show up I collected 150 points, Thanks Guys. But I did have a good race the last three green flag laps with an SRX7. He got me in the corners, I got him in the "straights". Good thing the run to the Checkers was the Nascar 3-4 and the front straight. Next up would have been an FP car (yes the combined us and the small bore production guys for the sunday race) but time ran out before we could have a chance to go for it.

It was the last points race for the year. Should have ended up tied for second this year.

Unless I space out and forget I'll see you at the board meeting wednesday. You are stil on the board aren't you?
    Jerry

Lone Star Tech Chief.

Nope, not in the board meeting. I've retired. I may go attend a meeting one of these days just to hang out with friends though.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.j...932&highlight=1

Did a rookie ITS driver really qualify on pole even beating the prod cars? Thanks to this forum and help from a certain member I believe the answer to be yes.

Some more gas in the cell and he may have won the race. The long 35 min or so full course yellow only got one racing lap in after the restart before fuel starvation in the corners - 12 gal ATL cell w/ dual pickups, thirsty rotary, fill it to the brim not 2" from the top.

Fun weekend.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

Sounds like you had a better weekend than I did, Jerry, but you were due. That Toy has been a tough row to hoe.

As for my weekend, well, the ES guys gave me a chunk of my block the size of a cantaloupe they found on track. I guess it's time for a new engine...
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Ok, I am officially confused. When I went to the lounge and picked up the official result sheet and signed for the trophy I was listed as first in class. BUT, according to the mylaps link posted by Mark, Bob Stretch was listed first in ITE.

I now have the Official result sheet in hand BOB Stretch is shown first in ITA. What was going on in the timing tower I wonder.

Mark,

With the times you were running it looks like you would have finished at least second over all had you not run out of gas. Good show rookie. Now go kick your crew chief in the (you choice of tender area) for not giving you enough gas.

Ty,

I still need to pull the engine, I have an oil leak at the front of the oil pan and the throw out bearing is complaining. I know it it a massive chunk of block missing. I do suspect that the tech guys will have to give you new motor a good going over when you are done with it. Oh you are the tech guy, never mind.
    Jerry

Lone Star Tech Chief.

Actually Bob should have been listed as ITS (I think) he was in an NB miata. Mylaps showed him in ITA on Saturday and ITE on Sunday. Not sure exactly what is what. (Except I got a little lime green dent on Saturday... but we kissed and made up!)
    I didn't hear what happened with Bill, on Sunday, but Marc got hit when he shouldn't have. Same thing happened to me year before last except I was on the left side going thru the chicane and got knocked up the banking. It scrubbed enough speed off to save me from the wall. Marc was on the rightside and got knocked into the tire bundles which shot him across the apron into the inside wall. from all reports and from where he got hit the other racer should have lifted a kittle and all would have been fine. Marc's is a write off, I have not heard about Tony's RX7 (a renter was driving.)
    TMS should be pretty dang safe with as much width as the track has. People just try bad moves and things can go bad.
    Jerry, sorry I didn't get to see you but when I was headed your way I got hijacked by some SRX7 guys.

Mac
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Catch you at the next one. There were a few of you that I wanted to find and say thanks for racing with me and hope I didn't get in the way of your in class race. I certainly felt out of place amonst all the Mazdas on the grid, but someone has to hold up the Toyota flag. If it wasn't for you RX7 and Miata guys I wouldn't have anybody to run against. I seem to be right in the middle of the RX7 group speed wise and we do have some good on track battles which makes for some fun weekends.

I was parked next to Bill in the paddock. He said he was just trying a little to hard and kissed the tire bundle at the exit of 2 which caused him to spin and hit the outside wall hard. (I'm not sure My wife would have been as calm about the situation as his was.) He was more worried that he messed up the race for the rest of us than he was about him and his car. I told him we were just glad he was okay. He will be back!
    Jerry

Lone Star Tech Chief.