so i got talked into running a short 'endurance' race this weekend with a buddy, but we have a slight problem. based on fuel level estimates, we'll be about 7 gallons short at the end if we split the two hour race in two, roughly 50lbs light to be conservative.

i suggested he just drive as long as he can during the first stint, and hopefully that will bring us in with an extra gallon or two. i think i weigh a little more than he does, which might get us 5lbs. he's already got the spare tire in there, and normally runs with a camera. we don't have a passenger or back seat to add back in. i'm going to bring my lap timer, but my little XT is only about 1lb. i said if i finish the race i can slam down a couple big gatorades to add 2 or 3lbs before we roll across.

so we've found ways to nickel and dime our way to at BEST 20lbs, leaving us another 20-30lb short. where the heck are we going to find this? is there anything to do besides buy some weights from walmart?

no we don't have radios. we've got a coolsuit, but it's not installed, and i doubt it will be by this weekend.