Thread: LeMans Pennsylvania

Normally, "LeMans" and "Pennsylvania" don't exactly *go* together.
    But EMRA will have a LeMans Start at their 2-Hour enduro on Sept 8 at Pocono Raceway.
    We'll also have sprint races that day and Time Trials (great for street cars) on Sept 9.
    If you want to enter or watch a LeMans start at a road race, this may be the only place you'll see one these days (they don't even do it at LeMans anymore).
    Actually, it's a modified LeMans start: The cars are angle-parked on the main straight and the drivers are safely belted into their cars. Each car has a "runner" that runs across the pit lane and up behind his/her car. When the runner smacks the car with their hand, the driver can start the car.....and proceed to do some cool, hairy burnouts.
    One mandatory pitstop (makes sharing a ride easier). Current SCCA license and logbook OK.
    Also, if you have never raced in an EMRA race (or EMRA Time Trial) before, you may be able to enter one of our events for $1 (yes...One Dollar).

Details and More info: http://www.emraracing.org

Now that sounds like fun. I'd go but it's the weekend before the NASA National and I've already spent too much money racing this year and I have at least 3 more events I would like to do this season.
    LoBuk ITB CRX Si
    2007 NASA H5 National Champion
    2006 NASA H5 National Champion
    2005 ECHC H5 Champion

I totally understand: I'll run about 12 events this year (EMRA and vintage) and the tow gas, hotels, repairs, etc. are killing me.

But you might want to try the EMRA "Race For a Buck" deal if you've never run with the club....you won't find any racing cheaper than that.

Info: http://www.emraracing.org/race_for_a_buck.html

let's see.......aeronca 65t .........I have time in both the 7ac and 11 ac. Is the 65t the bathtub?

I am about 10 miles from the Aeronca plant.

Dave
    Dave Burchfield
    GLDiv ITS #74
    Mazda RX-7(the one Kirk parked on the tire wall at Seattle)
    (or so I am told)

No. The bathtub is the C-2.

My 65T is also called a 65 HP Tandem Trainer and is basically the same as the Defender or the military L-3.
    It's a 1941 and it looks like it was briefly used for enemy sub spotting along the Maryland coast during WW II.
    Flies solo from the back, prop start, no radio or electrics. Great for noodling around at 50 mph at about 500 agl. I just pulled the wings off it to re do fabric and spars over the winter.

They do a fly-in with all the old Air-Knockers to the Aeronca factory every two years. I haven't been to it, but I heard that at the last one, a guy flew in with an 11 AC from California. Must have been fun getting over The Rockies.

Anyway, here's my 65T:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/aer...ane_air65tl.jpg