Thread: "Time Trials Rules" at Grattan???????????????

Been a WHILE since I've been on here...but finally got my "vintage NASCAR replica" so we were able to take it to the event (car show) at Michigan Speedway the weekend of Aug 4-5.

Was checking the entry form for the Labor Day weekend event at Grattan and see that it's being "run under time trials rules". What is this???????

I'm skipping racing this year so I could concentrate (and spennd the race budget) on the 1979 Dodge Magnum "Frank Warren" replica...but hope to run at least one event (still want to get to Grattan!!) next year.

HOPE somebody will post about what this "time trails rules" thing is!!!???? Maybe the Magnum would be eligible???? It IS a "street car" but with all the NASCAR bars and fuel cell...race tires and all.

Thanks!!!!

Don't know about the particular event but the time trials rules can be found at this link: http://www.scca.org/_FileLibrary/File/2007TTR.pdf

If it is a track trials then all you have to have is an approved roll bar/harness/belts/helmet/and suit. If your car has an Road Race annual inspection then you are good to go. The biggest thing you will have to get used to is limited passing. In our region you must move off line and give a point by to the overtaking car only in the areas that are approved for passing. If you pass at ANY other place WITHOUT a point by you will get chewed out (read as voice of experience )

Good luck.

Paul
    Paul Ballance
    Tennessee Valley Region (yeah it's in Alabama)
    ITS '72
    1972 240Z
    "Experience is what you get when you're expecting something else." unknown

Yes, it's not a race weekend, it's a PDX - Performance Driving Experience. Entrants will be divided into several groups for sessions on the track. Probably 5 or 6 sessions in a day. Instructors are provided, at least for some of the groups. I'll be there instructing.

You don't need a race car. Check the entry form for details. It's on the West Michigan Region web site - www.wmr-scca.org.

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Hi Marty and thanks for the info-help!!!

Looks like I'm gonna MISS a goldel chance to learn about Grattan!!...But me and the wife and family will be at Church Camp this weekend and I do NOT want to "*iss off" the head "GUY" for that!!!

I do plan to run my Mercury Cougar ITS car at Grattan next Memorial Day Weekend!!!

Besides, the way I "run" a little practice is all I need!!...stay out of the way and pray the leaders always catch me on the front streatch!!!!

OHhh...just in case there's anybody reading this from the areas od South Carolina and Georgia....there'll be a BIG ON track vintage stock car show at Darlinton about a year and a week from now...and another BIG show at the origional site for the "Augusta Raceway" in Ga a few days after that!!

I WILL have my "Frank Warren replica #79 Dodge Magnum" at both of these...so IF anybody is near there and wants to see and meet with the NASCAR guys from then (Frank will behtere and probably lots of others!!) and several of the origional and replica NASCAR cars...check out (make it a favorite on here!!)...vintageovalracing.com !!!!!

I still W A N T to take my "Frank Warren Magnum" around Grattan!!!....at a slow speed of course but that does FIT me!!!

Talk to you later Marty!!