So, it's the first lap at VIR in a field of close to 90 cars. I am way 'cause I'm slow.

As I come up to Oak Tree, almost the entire field has come to a near stop - we're talking inching along like an expressway at 5PM on Friday before a holiday. Reason? Almost complete track blockage at the exit of Oak Tree.

Soooo the way I see it, all those cars in front of me are now part of the incident... If they were going that slow on their own, they would merit a waving yellow. So I figure, I'm just gonna go dirt tracking and lop off that section of the course because there's probably 150+ yards of complete track blockage to my front.

Then I realize that I don't want to have a Come to Jesus Talk with the Stewards and really don't want to have my race video become an "I was third!" moment and I wait in turn like a commuter heading to the beach.

Soooo the question I have is....

What is "the incident"?
Were all of those cars part of the incident since many of them had come to a complete stop?
Am I allowed to leave the asphalt to go around them or any car part of the "incident"?
Just how far on the grass can I drive before I'm going to be seen in Fasttrack?