Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: September fastrack

UHHh yeah, good luck proving that one. Where can I get a set of them rosy colored glasses??
    R
    [/b]
    Doug is a great driver, his car is a great build, his motor has 100k+ miles on it and its not an IT build. Yet he is still pulling off a good race. So when a full tilt IT motor proves he has no chance in hell at the current weight, he might be able to justify the best weight and a reason to move to ITB. end of story.

And I dont like rose color glasses, they skew your vision.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Doug is a great driver, his car is a great build, his motor has 100k+ miles on it and its not an IT build. Yet he is still pulling off a good race. So when a full tilt IT motor proves he has no chance in hell at the current weight, he might be able to justify the best weight and a reason to move to ITB. end of story.

And I dont like rose color glasses, they skew your vision.
    [/b]

James, Sarcasm's not lost on you.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

It usually is....
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Heh. That was my letter. I requested that the ITAC publish *exactly* how each car's weight is derived and even suggested it go in the GCR. I think that info should be publicly published. The ITAC doesn't. I'll leave it at that and you can ask yourself why they wouldn't want to publish that info. I've already been back and forth with Andy privately on it.

I also sent in a letter opposing the new ECU rule. 5 letters total (for/against) is pretty pathetic considering how much debate was had just on this forum.

David
    [/b]
    David - I have to tell you, I am pretty ignorant to the procees for all proposed rule changes - My own fault, I know I should know - I plead guilty as charged.

Would someone be interested in starting a thread that explains the process and how we are supposed to act and react to proposed changes. What is the role of the CRB and ITAC - who gets selected and how? I've been around for a while but I don't know the policies and procedures. Heck - I'm looking up what ITAC stands for right now.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

. Heck - I'm looking up what ITAC stands for right now.
    [/b]
    Jeez Timmy I even know that one Improved Touring Advisory Commity.

You must have been the kid that sat in the back of the class room and paid attention even less than I did.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

I also sent in a letter opposing the new ECU rule. 5 letters total (for/against) is pretty pathetic considering how much debate was had just on this forum.

David
    [/b]
    You're right, David. I just sent my letter.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

David
    [/b]
    I think there are more letters. These notes are from the meeting held on August 7th, 2007. I'm pretty certain that is on or about when I sent my letter. Wait, check that. I sent my letter 7/25/07. So, I guess I'm one of the 5! That doesn't make me feel so good...
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

I think I like the idea of Dual Classing on this one.... It actually would be a fun car dual classed to purchase with a friend. I bet it would be a front runner in ITB, and even at the higher weight for ITB trim it would still be fun in ITA with so many people in that class these days.

Raymond "Thinking outside the box again " blethen
    [/b]
    I would love dual classing via weight adjustments. The weight on my car has been adjusted down (as it was needed in IT to 2080. Problem is, the driver is 250lbs, and it is MUCH easier to bolt in weight and change classes than it is for me to start amputating body parts

Seriously, with suit, gloves, boots, helmet, and me, I bet I'm ~265, that means the car has to make 1815. Then if I want on board water, coolsuit, camcorder, radio, all that has to come off the 1815.

The only thing left to do is rebuild the cage to save weight, and I ain't gonna.......OK I'll shut up now
    Eddie
    ex RX3 and GTI driver
    "Don't RallyCross what you can't afford to Road Race" - swiped from YH and twisted for me
    "I have heard that any landing you can walk away from is a 'good' landing. I bet this applies to flying airplanes as well." - E.J.

David,
    I think part of the problem is that many people are a bit uncertain the true ramifications of the ECU rule, I know that I am. [/b]
    That, and maybe there are a few guys out there who wrote letters the first time around, and have figured out that this was a done deal a long time ago.

Geez, I'm starting to sound like...naw, let's not go there.

Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Regarding the ECU letters, we have, I think, a dozen or so.

Timmy, read Fastrack. You can get an email informing you that it's been released every month by going to SCCA and setting it up in the "Garage" section, I think. Or just go there every month around the 20th. you can read what the ITAC is discussiong, has rejected, or proposed.

Or, if you feel something needs fixing, feel free to write a letter to the ITA or the CRB, and we'll discuss it.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

To clarify Jake's note - a dozen since the rule recommendation came out in FT. Most people weighed in when the CRB asked for input - and probably don't feel the need to.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Right, if I recall, we had over 50 letters about it the first time around, which makes it the most highly responded to item in memory.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Grand Racing,

I was not trying to inform people of my car! Just the MR2 in general for compition. My on track performance as nothing to do with thread, or me coming to race in the NARRC.
    Doug Kinser
    ITB #03 MR2

OK - taking my GT2 question to another forum - if I can find one that applies. On edit - what the heck - I sent my letter.

My letter in favor of the ECU rule change has been sent.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Well Doug, re-read you original post and it sure sounds like it. But anyway... It's just too bad the MR2 will be dieing a slow death in ITA.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Jeez Timmy I even know that one Improved Touring Advisory Commity.

You must have been the kid that sat in the back of the class room and paid attention even less than I did.
    [/b]
    Joe - Maybe it was just easier for me to follow and understand Fastrack when I could bring a copy of SportsCar in the can with me to read the insert. Honestly though - I think had a senior moment regarding ITAC - ya think?

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Grand Racing,

Maybe I should have been more clear on my 1st post. I was just trying to say the car is under powered in ITA and will be over weight and under powered if it got moved to ITB. I was just trying to use my little expirence on the track as an example.

Look, I'm not out to cut anyone down or to make people think I some God behind the wheel of a race car. I'm not. I enjoy racing and trying to be competitive within the group. I don't have a lot of money or time to put into the car I'm driving. Believe me I would love to, but I'm doing the best I can with what I have. Brian Duka build my car about 6 years ago. I bought it off of him last this year. I would have never been able to drive if I had to build a car. As far as competing with front running cars In MARRS and any other series even if the car is built to IT specs. I know it will not perform. Yes the car will die a slow death in ITA, along with getting run over by the second gen MR2.

Thank you JamesB. I understand fully what you are saying about my car.

Sorry again and thank you.

Doug
    Doug Kinser
    ITB #03 MR2

Doesn't the early MR2 have the same drivetrain as the GEO Prism GSI that is in ITB? Seems strange to me that the car is in ITA. I have been on track with these cars and they are not ITA competitive.

just my $.02
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Doesn't the early MR2 have the same drivetrain as the GEO Prism GSI that is in ITB? Seems strange to me that the car is in ITA. I have been on track with these cars and they are not ITA competitive.
    [/b]
    Yes, and the same powertrain as the Corolla GTS, which is also an underdog in ITA. I raced a Corolla GTS at the ARRC in '00 and it is clearly outclassed against the current front runners, 240SX, CRX, Integra, and probably the Miata as well (although I never raced head to head against one).
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

Joe - Maybe it was just easier for me to follow and understand Fastrack when I could bring a copy of SportsCar in the can with me to read the insert. Honestly though - I think had a senior moment regarding ITAC - ya think?
    [/b]
    I also enjoyed Fasttrack that way too. Now I don't even read it. I get the abridged version here.

Come on Timmy your not that old, 60 right? :P
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion