Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: September fastrack

Bill, you're missing the point in relation to the MR2. Your statement would be accurate if those said cars are making the minimum weight in ITA. The problem being cited is that these cars are unable to make the minimum weight. In this situation, by moving the car to ITB, it would be able to achieve the process weight which then would improve the performance of the car within the class.
    [/b]
    From what I have gathered from reading every post in this thread, no one has gone through the work to make a minimum weight car (reference what Dickita went through to make a minimum RX7).

But, whatever. It doesn't matter. I'm not racing an MR2. But, I will "vote" against DCs.
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

i thought we already decided that while making weight in a 7 was hard, it can be done.
    [/b]
    Travis, one car meeting the weight and we aren't sure it's all legal and you make a statement like that!? Not sure we can decide anything. Dude, you need to drive one of these RX7's and you would be feeling our pain. They ain't no Miata! You get the torque (the little you’re going to get) right off idle and it is a flat line from there. This is all momentum, that is all you have to live on and it isn't much. Have to lift for anything and it's a half lap before you’re back up to speed.

I have built many very competitive cars over the years and know how to take weight off. I'm telling you here and now I know for a fact that the odds of getting to the current allowed weight is not possible with out some very super grey interpretations of the rules. This isn't right, not even remotely.

Roland

Travis, one car meeting the weight and we aren't sure it's all legal and you make a statement like that!? Not sure we can decide anything. Dude, you need to drive one of these RX7's and you would be feeling our pain. They ain't no Miata! You get the torque (the little you’re going to get) right off idle and it is a flat line from there. This is all momentum, that is all you have to live on and it isn't much. Have to lift for anything and it's a half lap before you’re back up to speed.
    [/b]
    we haven't really found it to be illegal either have we?

an RX7 ain't no miata? my 1.6 in SM trim should come in about 115hp and 105tq (120hp 108tq for the good pro motors), i run it with ITA stump-pullers like an E30 BMW, Neon, VW Scirocco, or a 240sx. i KNOW about trying to race a momentum car.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

For all that haven't kept up, NOBODY has EVERY made weight in a MR2 with a 180lb driver. And I am including 100% builds. It cannot be done.
    Jake Fisher : ITA MR2 #22 : www.racerjake.com

Travis, have you driven a 7 ever? I have driven a Miata and you ain't got no momentum car...hate to tell ya!

Now I'm getting on the grumpy side.

Roland

Travis, have you driven a 7 ever? I have driven a Miata and you ain't got no momentum car...hate to tell ya!

Now I'm getting on the grumpy side.

Roland
    [/b]

no, but i&#39;ve been in the draft of 7&#39;s and they pulled me down the straight. <_<
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

no, but i&#39;ve been in the draft of 7&#39;s and they pulled me down the straight. <_<
    [/b]

Well Travis, come to Nelson with your car and I&#39;ll bring ours. We&#39;ll swap cars and you tell me. I&#39;m not going to get personal but your way off course guy, driving is believing. Enough said.

Roland

ok buddy.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

in relation to the MR2.[/b]
    Travis, I wasn&#39;t talking about the RX7.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

After 15 pages I&#39;ve read enough to form my opinion. The points have been made quite fully. I do not want to see any car dual classified. IT, as a whole, should subscribe to the KISS principle. IMHO that is what has kept us healthy, viable, and growing.

Not all cars are created equal, nor are they developed equally. Shall we have "the Stig"* drive the most developed of each one and compare times with the normal driver of the car? I have enough trouble with slow ITS cars not wanting to get passed by a mere B car. Should they all opt to go to B until they can get to S times?

As an ITB driver, if the MR2 racers want to go to ITB at that process weight and with 6" wheels that is fine with me. The ITAC can monitor the cars and make an adjustment as necessary.

As an ITB driver, if the first generation RX7 racers want to go to ITB at that process weight and with 6" wheels that is also fine with me. The ITAC can monitor those cars and make an adjustment as necessary. Those that don&#39;t want to step up to closer racing can stay in Spec/IT7 or whatever they want to call it in each region. I would suggest for those events where ITB and Spec/IT7 may run together, the Spec/IT7 have identification front and rear so those racing in B can know what that car&#39;s class is.

Dave Zaslow

* If you have not watched "Top Gear" on BBC America or Youtube, take a look.

* If you have not watched "Top Gear" on BBC America or Youtube, take a look. [/b]

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Thats the Series 1 and 2 Stig...

THIS is the current Stig....listening to "How to speak Italian" CDs as he drives...
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

[/b]
    Naw, dude, get with the program. That&#39;s the "old Stig"; he was killed off several years ago (supposedly after Perry McCarthy revealed himself to be the Stig in his book, "Formula One the Hard Way").

The *new* Stig is now white and has not, as yet, been revealed (though his identity is under much scrutiny):

On edit: Gulick, NEMESIS!!!

ha HA!

For extra points though, can you tell me:

HOW the black Stig was killed off?
    and...

what does the current Stig&#39;s left nipple resemble...

and what is his favorite snack?

(All easy..)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

There is only one Stig to me. BLACK. White &#39;jumped the shark&#39;.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Warren Wallace is infinitely cool than some guy that crashes Paganis into advert boards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWgpGVGeL_g
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

HOW the black Stig was killed off?[/b]
    Drove a Jag off an aircraft carrier, was it?

>>> what does the current Stig&#39;s left nipple resemble...
    Nurburgring!

>>>and what is his favorite snack?
    Damn! Got me on that one...

There is only one Stig to me. BLACK. White &#39;jumped the shark&#39;.
    [/b]
    Bah, phooey on you!

My favorite Top Gear segment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzZZZG4bgzg
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8