Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: passenger side NASCAR bars

I don't want to mess with anything. I know it's a good car and I think messing with the bars could throw off the weight. I would rather leave it alone if I can.
    Tristan Herbert
    2011 World Challenge TC Rookie of the Year
    2011 ARRC ITB Champion
    2011 IT Fest ITB Champion
    2009 MARRS - ITB Champion
    BRIMTEK/Germanautoparts.com

I'm really not trying to screw someone over by getting their TI license revoked. I don't want to make any enemies in this sport, it's suppose to be fun.
    [/b]
    Great attitude and it is about fun. It is not fun when an official gives bad information that causes a racer to spend lots of money on BS. It is the responsibility of the official to give accurate info or find someone who can. This was more than a bad answer to a question--that could be excused for lack of updated information. We can not all know everything about every class. We either read the book and see what is current or get another tech that knows to help. He went out of his way to have a vehicle that had a valid annual change a legal cage. Sorry--this should be dealt with and this tech needs to be informed he was wrong or he will do it again. Not about taking a license, just about getting it right next time. Do not be afraid to question any official in a polite manner if you think they are wrong. They put their pants on just like you.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Great attitude and it is about fun. It is not fun when an official gives bad information that causes a racer to spend lots of money on BS. It is the responsibility of the official to give accurate info or find someone who can. This was more than a bad answer to a question--that could be excused for lack of updated information. We can not all know everything about every class. We either read the book and see what is current or get another tech that knows to help. He went out of his way to have a vehicle that had a valid annual change a legal cage. Sorry--this should be dealt with and this tech needs to be informed he was wrong or he will do it again. Not about taking a license, just about getting it right next time. Do not be afraid to question any official in a polite manner if you think they are wrong. They put their pants on just like you.
    [/b]
    Amen brother. I have found way too many racer and tech folk (and I am both) who do not check the book. If someone says something that is unreasonable, check the book. If done politely it should not cause problems. In the end we are responsible to understand our own rules.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7